Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: One left over bolt

Bruce Toner
    Well... thanks everyone for putting in the effort. MotorradMike first suggest top transmission bolts. I knew I had six in there and torqued correctly. One of the issues with a repair like this stretching over and three week period (waiting for parts) and a couple of late nights is I tend to forget what I have done. The bolt in question had gone missing for a short time while the transmission was being install to the engine. I have a great selection of high grade bolts at home and I replaced it... later found the missing bolt and forgot what I had done. Upon re-checking this morning with a mirror and flashlight I noticed one of the top two bolts was a black oxide colour not silver like the rest. Then it hit me... I remembered what I had done.

I can't believe how may of you guys were right on the money with where it was!

Many thanks!

Cheers!

Bruce

Day Dreaming ... happy wanderer's Avatar
    I bet yer gonna pull the black one out and put in the original now arentcha?

Just sayin because I would.. stuff like that drives me nuts for no good reason whatsoever.
    MJM - BeeCeeBeemers Motorcycle Club Vancouver B.C.
    '81 R80G/S, '82 R100RS, '00 R1100RT

Quote Originally Posted by m_stock10506 View Post
    If you can identify a BMW part number for that bolt, go to the parts fiche and instead of looking at your bike, do a search for that part number filtered for your bike only. That will give you every sub-system diagram where one of those bolts exists.

http://www.maxbmwmotorcycles.com/fiche/PartsSearch.aspx
    Michael, Thats a useful tip! ..........Thanks

Bruce Toner
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Wanderer View Post
    I bet yer gonna pull the black one out and put in the original now arentcha?

Just sayin because I would.. stuff like that drives me nuts for no good reason whatsoever.

You know it! Will probably use an early clutch spline lube as an excuse to go in and gitit!

Cheers!

Bruce

So your at the point in life where your short term memory is long gone. Your in the right spot, this place is crawling with people of that age.

Tom
    Salem Or.
    '93 K1100LT w/Bushtec
    '03 F650CS '09 F650GS