• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Rental in Amsterdam

romany

Don't know where to post this so here goes. I have an opportunity to visit Normandy in June. The plan is to fly into Amsterdam where I'd like to rent a bike and ride south through Holland, Belgium and on to the World War II battlefields in Normandy. I'd also like to visit Vimy Ridge. Has anyone a got a recommendation regarding who to rent from?

amsterdam

Don't know where to post this so here goes. I have an opportunity to visit Normandy in June. The plan is to fly into Amsterdam where I'd like to rent a bike and ride south through Holland, Belgium and on to the World War II battlefields in Normandy. I'd also like to visit Vimy Ridge. Has anyone a got a recommendation regarding who to rent from?

I am sure they don't rent motorcycles at airport Schiphol. I lived a few miles from Amsterdam.
I had my own bike, so I didn't need to rent it. I could ask local riders and let you know if you want.

I am sure they don't rent motorcycles at airport Schiphol. I lived a few miles from Amsterdam.
I had my own bike, so I didn't need to rent it. I could ask local riders and let you know if you want.

Sure. Ask around and I'll also enquiry with EagleRider. Thanks to both of you for your help.

I see Eaglerider has an outlet in Amsterdam now, but I haven't dealt with them.

http://www.eaglerider.com/bmw-motorcycle-rental.aspx

Acoording to the Eaglerider website I can rent any motorcycle I want in Holland from them - so long as it's a Harley.

Now it maybe that the web site is out of date. But, I'm going to take a pass on Eaglerider. The web site leads you to believe you can rent lots of bikes. But the "International", BMW's only seem to be available in Spain.

Back