• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Drought = Less Ethanol?

That area and people living in it, held in the same high regard by those high flying people as they hold third world countries: a source of raw materials and population to be accepted as the R&L coasts burden. Lets not get bothered by details like agriculture playing major rolls in balance of trade, FOL universities doing R&D of everything from soybean based inks to cutting edge development of civilian applications of GPS they are so enamored with to get them around because they are lost and that the average FOL farmer and the communities (large or small) participate in an economic system as heavily regulated, convoluted, complex and on an international basis as a R or L bank LIBOR derivative scheme etc they are fond of, that while many of our jobs are low paying they are so because they send high paying industrial jobs offshore etc.

I gotta find a ethanol thread 12 step meeting quick. Think I'll head out to the tractor and see if I can Google the map directions to the nearest one. Quick!
:bolt
Yeah , I didn't want to go there but thanks, Mika for saying exactly what most of us here feel about the coasts and national policy. Sigh

You should have seen Oklahoma in 1981........folks tenting on every inch of public land and site bosses recruiting roughneck crews at the convenience stores. In a year or two, the NG market crashed and all that activity was gone.

The next time you are near Knoxville, TN, check-out the site of the "Energy World's Fair". The NG market collapsed before the fair closed.........
Problems not solved but getting close to the source!

If leases were signed in your area, do you you know whether, or not, if you own the mineral rights to your property?
Our 75 acres -we have all the mineral rights. FWIW, my FIL, was a driller & so were each of his brothers except one that trucked & another that was a oil promoter-i.e., "oil lease shopper". My FIL got his tool dressers(e.g.-roughnecks) by cruising downtown Paintsville,KY courthouse Sq. for help as no convienience stores. The "creek" I live on has gas wells capped & out of production for its 10-12 mile length but none on us. We bought this place as mostly raw forest land(takes ~2 hrs to walk around the boundary) in 1978 & the plan was to build a house, drill a gas well & stay & raise our 3 sons. My FIL died in 1980 the month we moved in & I contacted Delta Gas Co. & was turned down as they said they didn't have enough gas to go around to new customers. After 20+ yrs of burning wood exclusively I put in a geothermal system using my farm pond located about 150yds from house, next to my shop. About that same time Delta Gas came around trying for new customers but as I had to pay for the line from my property edge-like several thousand feet it was impractical. Interesting to get turned down for gas in a house that had a gas compressor station ~ 7-8k down the road. I honestly don't know if the oil shale lease activity was long term or not-was the counties adjoining ours to the west. In places like Johnson Co,KY(home of my wife, Loretta Lynn & others like Mr. Mayo who leased coal "in perpetuity" yrs ago) the mineral rights have been gone on any land that is privately owned by a non mineral or timber company for a long time. My county has no coal so this place was of no interest to the outsiders except the timber guys who logged it out same time as the rest of E KY.
I know about K,TN & one son lives there too.
I know we can't " go political" here but I listened to T. Boone Pickens a few yrs ago in a long radio interview & he makes more energy sense than anyone I've listened too-period.
I wonder how my Bultaco project is going to like this crap we are calling fuel when I finally fire it up soon? I may have to mail order some real gas?:laugh

Back