• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Footpeg Rubbers for R1200 GS Adventure

H

HONDARIDER

I don't know if anyone else has ever considered these, but after a week of 600+ mile days last year, the soles of my feet were completely numb. The numbness continued for nearly 2 months after I returned home. I was poking around the internet, looking for rubber inserts or covers for the pegs, but all I could find were aftermarket pegs. BMW does not sell rubber for the pegs on my 2009 GSA. Someone on a forum pointed to the 2009 Xcountry and said that the rubber covers would fit the GSA. I checked the microfiche, but the 2 bikes do not share common footpegs. I spoke to the parts guy at MAX BMW and he had not heard that the parts were interchangeable either. I decided to risk the $50 and take a shot. I ordered the following parts from the 2009 Xcountry.

'46 71 7 696 748 Footrest rubber (x2)
'46 71 7 696 948 Retainer bracket (x2)
'07 11 9 902 745 Nylock nuts (x4)

The parts came in and they fit PERFECTLY. There are little grooves in the rubber that exactly fit the teeth on the pegs. The bolts line up perfectly and the retainer secures the rubber to the peg. Installation takes about 90 seconds with a 10mm socket. I can't imagine why BMW doesn't cross-reference this part to the GSA, but it fits as if it was designed specifically for this bike. Time will tell if they make any real difference, but it was worth $50 to me to find out.

Attachments

• Footpeg1.jpg
    Footpeg1.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 87
  • Footpeg2.jpg
    Footpeg2.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 86
Foot Issues.

When I was training for a cross country bicycle ride (3200 miles/44 days) I began experiencing "hot spots" on the balls of my feet once I rode over 70 miles. My solution was to replace my pedals with a model that had a much broader base. Problem immediately solved. My suggestion is to pay attention to how big a surface area you are distributing your weight...broader being better...at least with respect to avoiding hot spots.

Back