• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

1200RT Hex/camhead maintenance schedule.

lvermiere

Greetings,

Previously with my 99 1100RT, and in 2008 with my 1200GT, I was able to go to the "BMW Motorrad" site and look under 'maintenance schedule' and find the schedules for the annual, 6k and 12k work that needed to be performed. Easy to download and print out the checklist for record keeping. The Irv Seaver site also had these schedules available to download and print.

Has anyone found or have these schedules for the '10 and later 1200RT's? i.e. copied or obtained from the dealer? If not, does any one have a pdf of one the forms that they are using for their '05's or later? If so, please send with my gratitude thanks.

Cheers,

I'm not sure why Motorrad makes it so difficult to find the maintenance schedules. Shouldn't this information be in every owner's manual? The schedules are around but you have to work at finding them or pay $100 for a maintenance DVD. BAD MOTORRAD!! :banghead

Here ya go. The USA camhead RT is designated an "0440" model.

Attachments

• RT Maint Sched Pg 1.pdf
    25.1 KB · Views: 257
  • RT Maint Sched Pg 2.pdf
    25.1 KB · Views: 164
Last edited:
Thanx Norms
I was also able to find all of the schedules at A&S BMW Motorcycles under 'Resources'
Cheers

Yes, that's one source. Technically, the schedules at A&S are for the "0430" which is the non-USA RT but I think the schedules are the same.

Still, I am mystified why Motorrad doesn't use one additional sheet of paper in the owner's manual to list it. Should we have to depend on the kindness of a dealer to post it? Or pay for a $100 DVD?

Just saying ...

Norm

Still, I am mystified why Motorrad doesn't use one additional sheet of paper in the owner's manual to list it. Should we have to depend on the kindness of a dealer to post it? Or pay for a $100 DVD?

Just saying ...

Norm

I purchased the DVD and it was not on there in a checklist form. It was in paragraph form with clickable links to take you to each detailed section. Unless the checklist is on there and I was just unable to find it.

I have a 2008RT and use the BMW RepRom DVD (5th Edition 02/2007) and it seems to coincide with the online maintenance schedules I've seen.

The maintenance schedules on the RepRom DVD are listed. They do list the USA versions of the bikes separately

It's an old thread but what the heck! :)

I was looking for that maintenance schedule too as I'm about 13k on the clock right now and haven't had a chance to do the 12k maintenance cycle yet. Anyway, I agree 6k seems pretty short for shimmed valve adjustments and 12k for spark plugs. I did look at the valves a 6k. I had one that needed to be tweaked. I'll check em again this time and see how they look at 12k. If they're solid then I'll check em at 18k and if they're not moving, I'll probably stretch it out a bit. I ran a Honda ST1100 for right at 10 years. I checked them the first couple of recommended cycles and they were spot on, never needed changing so I pretty much didn't worry about it after that.

Ride Safe,
Steve R.

I was looking for that maintenance schedule too as I'm about 13k on the clock right now and haven't had a chance to do the 12k maintenance cycle yet. Anyway, I agree 6k seems pretty short for shimmed valve adjustments and 12k for spark plugs. I did look at the valves a 6k. I had one that needed to be tweaked. I'll check em again this time and see how they look at 12k. If they're solid then I'll check em at 18k and if they're not moving, I'll probably stretch it out a bit. I ran a Honda ST1100 for right at 10 years. I checked them the first couple of recommended cycles and they were spot on, never needed changing so I pretty much didn't worry about it after that.

Ride Safe,
Steve R.

PM me your email addy and i will send the schedules for the 2013 RT....and a cheat sheet too...

wyman

Ride Safe,
Steve R.

http://www.jimvonbaden.com/Service Schedule PDF.pdf

Here you go.

Jim

Back