• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Changes of motorcycle seat heights overtime?

Yes they do look different. For traditional British styling there's always the Royal Enfield. My point being they do make, and we do have the choice of buying, lighter weight motorcycles with seat heights similar to what we rode in the 1970's.

That is a fair statement

List of low seat heights

The problem is a motorcycle cannot offer all four; comfortable leg room, ample ground and cornering clearance, adequate suspension travel, and a low seat, at the same time. Nevertheless there may be more low seat motorcycles to choose from now than any other time.

We thought it would be fun to compile a list of major-manufacturer motorcycles with the lowest seat heights. Seat height is of supreme importance to most women riders, as the ability to place one's feet flat on the ground is perhaps the most important factor in giving women the confidence they need to handle a bike.
We chose 26 inches as the cut-off seat height for this list. Our original list, compiled back in 2009, used 26.5 inches as the cut-off height. However, over the last few years, seat heights on new models have been coming out of the factories much lower, so we've lowered the cut-off height by half an inch.

http://www.womenridersnow.com/pages/story_detail.aspx?lid=1170

And no standard seating position.

I don't like cruiser positions myself.

Thanks though.

Seat Height 2006 R1200RT

I took a different approach after reading on this site some advice. I have lowered my bike and added a Russell Daylong saddle. These two items have almost canceled each other out. So it was mentioned that adding to the soles of your boots can help. I had a boot shop add 1/2" to the sole and heel of my boots and it has made a hell of a difference.
Give it a try.

Back