• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

07 R12R - Anyone using a non touring rear tire?

Jim

Bet it feels like a completely different bike with good rubber and suspension on it finally.

Don, I got out between weather fronts for about an hour last week to test the new shocks but did not have the tires then. I couldn't get too far because they salted the main roads so much I really didn't want to take my bike there. Fortunately the farm was not salted so I was able to get a partial test in. A definite improvement even without adjustments. I'm looking forward to taking a few hours and doing some loop rides that includes uneven surface, turns and high speed and making adjustments after each loop for comparison. I'm following your shock set up procedure. All I need is some decent weather and time. I just got my Ilmberger hugger in from Morton's this afternoon. At least I can crank up the heat in the garage and mount that for now.

Thanks again for all your help! I'm up to owing you a steak dinner by now.

Back