• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Bar set backs or replacement bars for late ('93) R100RS

Hi all,

I'm looking for specifics on what handle bar set backs work with this model. Over the past couple years, I've found my hands getting numb after awhile and I think I'll solve the problem if I can install some bar backs that fit the bike.

If anyone has a brand/model that fits this bike, please let me know what it is and where I can get them. I'd also be interested in replacement handlebars, but again, I'd like to get very specific make/model bars to fit this bike. Thanks much!

Jeff

Well then, you need an RT, don't you?

No, not really.

I rode an R100RS in stock configuration for 28 years and have had several opportunities to ride RTs and guess what? My hands and wrists hurt the same.

I think it's more a matter of not gripping so tight and frequently removing hands from grips to flex them. Nice to have a "cruise control," then. Luckily on Airheads you can fit the throttle screw. I've electronic cruise on 1200RT and on my 1100S I use an o-ring.

Barbacks

Hi all,

I'm looking for specifics on what handle bar set backs work with this model. Over the past couple years, I've found my hands getting numb after awhile and I think I'll solve the problem if I can install some bar backs that fit the bike.

If anyone has a brand/model that fits this bike, please let me know what it is and where I can get them. I'd also be interested in replacement handlebars, but again, I'd like to get very specific make/model bars to fit this bike. Thanks much!

Jeff

Jeff,

Look at these:! http://m.motorcycle-superstore.com/...g-Handlebar-Risers-for-7-8-or-1-1-8-Bars.aspx

Also some of us have installed the K75S bars with some success. I'm a 6'+ and the K75 bars worked for me.

Don, when you put the K75 bars on did you have to use longer cables? I've been thinking about doing that to my RS.

K75 bars

Don, when you put the K75 bars on did you have to use longer cables? I've been thinking about doing that to my RS.

No, on mine I was able to use the same cables. I can send photo's if you like.

Ordered the bars from Ted Porter, don't know if he still has them, no boubt there are other sources.

Bob's BMW sell bar backs, as well as other BMW dealers. They do become available on "flea bay" too. My suggestion is that you sit on the bike and put your arms where they feel good to you. This may be back, it maybe up or both. Handlebars do make a difference as well. I dislike the RS bars, I could never get comfortable with them. I ended up installing a set of "S" bars. S bars are available new from Flanders in CA and are available in chrome or black and in different shapes (pull back and width). K-RS bars are used by some, I did not like them. I did build a custom riser one time just to raise the bars and that worked well. There are multiple choices and combinations that you can try, without changing the length of the cables. Have fun figuring out what works for you.

I installed K75S bars on two of my bikes, and another set on a friends RS. I was able to use the stock cables each time, but you do have to reroute the throttle cable a bit because it will cause the engine to rev up a bit in a full left lock. Thankfully this never happens when you are riding though, just when you are moving the bike around in the garage.

Wayne

figuring pull back

If you go to www.cycle-ergo.com you can select your bike, add in you height and inseam. they will show your forward lean and knee angles. In the customization section you can adjust rise and pull back and it will show how it changes your posture on the bike. This will give you an idea what you will need to achieve the position you want. frank

Back