• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

MOA Board Of Directors Nomimation Accepted

I'm Active Reserve (full time support in the navy) and were not really seeing a reduction in forces. What we are getting is a severe cut to maintenance programs and training. We're looking at not even allowing any training unless its for a deployment.

I think that's going to hurt us the most is our equipment is going to start falling apart and were not going to get the proper training.

That hurts, my last job was DCOS Training. I see the 'new' drill schedule is weird also. When we went to grabbing individuals for deployment the entire concept of unit went away and we became individuals, which I don't think will serve the military well now or in the future. The camaraderie via a unit is essential to the military IMHO. In the Corps, the never give up because no one will ever be left behind, is going to be harder to believe in your soul if you've never been a part of something. Sorry for the soap box, it is just a shame what has happened.
I have my Command Master Chief that lives in Plano, and I visit him on my way to the I-BMW THCR, maybe we can talk more over a meal sometime and you can bring me up to date on what you see.
Ride Safe

I must admit I don't know if I should be excited that a member deciding to launch a Board of Directors campaign on the Forum means it has arrived as a business tool for the Association or sad that it ain't the wild west around here anymore. Either way congratulations and good luck!

If history repeats there will be an election sub forum. Let me start you practicing your stump speech by asking you to expand your comments and thoughts of what you mean by more offerings for members. What kind of events do you envision: an expansion of the getaway theme, tech sessions, theme rides or
?_ ?

What kind of events do you envision: an expansion of the getaway theme, tech sessions, theme rides or
?_ ?

Mika,
I'm big on events, rides, rally's, etc., basically anything involving ÔÇÿget up and goÔÇÖ mentality that will help the local club and its members on a month to month basis; and I have some non-riding ideas regarding motorcycle safety and training as I have previously mentioned. However, to answer your questions: YES, yes and more yesÔÇÖ on expanding the Weekend GetawayÔÇÖs, Tech Sessions (maybe by BMW master tech), Rides and more Rides, AND what about multiple club participation in something cool (a gathering)? But quite frankly these are just some of my ideas; I believe there are other GREATER ideas within the membership, but how to cash in on them is the question. I believe the answer is to engage the membership face to face, not by remote absence (polls)!

Mika you know, paramount in my mind is the importance of offering a good deal to members via the local clubs through much, much stronger support from the MOA. I believe the month to month 'good deals' are the key to having viable National association, local clubs, and therefore engaged members. However, from the people I have talked to, and my own experience, my local club has never (at least in the last 5+ years for sure) had a MOA staff or BOD member attend a club meeting! In my opinion, that illustrates the importance the MOA has for local clubs and their activities, and is symptomatic of the lack of necessary communication with the general membership. I know the MOA holds their leadership training conferences and other aids for the club officers at the International Rally, but I think that isnÔÇÖt all that can be done to support local clubs or engage the general membership?

If elected, I would recommend a complete DNA analysis of the communication between the MOA, and the local clubs and membership. In the military there was a term Triple C (CCC)) the term was for Command, Control and Communications. I propose my own Triple C, Chartered Club Communication. I believe my CCC would serve as the keystone for improvements and the exchange of GREATER ideas (see above). How about having a MOA BOD member or staff member participate in club meetings, visit members, which by the way would not require local members to travel to see their elected officials. BG Walt Bachus, Executive Director, of the Society of American Military Engineers (SAME) for many years, visited local posts regularly and regularly asked for input on anything the SAME was doing. If there is to be improvements they will not come without establishing greater lines of communication with clubs and members, my belief!

Probably more than you wanted to hear!
Ride Safe my friend,
Robert

Better deals as in more membership perks are the best! That is a great way to tell membership, We are Here!

Discounts at Beemer Boneyards, and other sites.

After all, BikeBandit has an AMA discount.

Discounts at Beemer Boneyards, and other sites.

After all, BikeBandit has an AMA discount.

Don't know about BikeBandit but Beemer Boneyard already gives MOA members a 10% I believe. Check it out, I know I get one I just know through who, and I don't belong to the AMA? Regardless, I hear what you're saying.
Ride Safe,
Robert

Don't know about BikeBandit but Beemer Boneyard already gives MOA members a 10% I believe.
Robert

Yes, they advertise a 10% discount in the ON to MOA members. I've done business with them several times and they're great to work with.

There is a good deal in your response to chew on. Chew on but not discuss at least tonight. Thank you for the response.

Back