• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

MOA Board Of Directors Nomimation Accepted

CaptRehkopf

Hi all,
I just received word that my nomination package was accepted, so let me be the first I ask for you support and vote. I know there is not an opportunity to meet and greet everybody before the vote so the forum is probably the best means of communication. Below is my resume and 'position' write up that I was asked to submit. I'd be happy to answer any questions, and welcome any comments, ides, input, etc.

I have been a member of MOA since 2004, and a member of my local club, Riders Association of the Mid-South (RAMS), Memphis, TN. I ride, mostly solo, and mostly distance. I attend stationary Rallies and like to camp, but I also participate in riding Rallies and like see what strange things the Rally Master (RM) has in store for you. I have been re-riding for about 18 years; early riding wasnÔÇÖt experience, more like thrill seeking, and being lucky, very lucky. As far as motorcycles, I feel strongly both ways, I currently have 2 BMWs (K1200RS & R1100S) and a Harley (FXR3). I have several local motorcycle clubs that I ride with and have dinner socials that arenÔÇÖt brand specific and enjoy all of them. Started riding BMWs when a friend clued me in on how safe they were so I decided to try it, bought a low mileage 98 K1200RS Taxi and have been hooked ever since. He didnÔÇÖt say anything about how great they ride, or how cool they look (my reasoning for buying a R1100S). Nor did he say anything about the camaraderie and especially the camaraderie of the R1100S guys at the TOR.
I am a one person Civil Engineering Company providing Professional Engineering Services in the 5 States IÔÇÖm licensed. Previously, I was one of four owners/principals in a 75 person engineering firm that I sold 10 years ago, and formed Rehkopf Civil Engineering Company. My wife says I did that so I could ride more! In addition to my civilian world activities, I started military life as a Private in the Marine Corps (Parris Island) and retired as a Captain, USN Civil Engineer Corps (long campfire story).
My background isnÔÇÖt much different than other MOA members so why am I running for the BOD, and what can I offer?
Why? I simply donÔÇÖt think the MOA provides enough organized rides, activities, etc. for its members on a month to month basis. Although the activities such as the Weekend Getaways are definitely the direction to go, I see that more could be done at the National level to enhance local club activities. The International Rally is a once a year activity and if you canÔÇÖt make it then you wait a year. Most membersÔÇÖ experiences come from the local club and its ability to provide what the members want. Some local clubs are very active some are not; some organize rides, and events others need help. Simply put: I want to help make local clubs a ÔÇÿgood dealÔÇÖ, because you canÔÇÖt drive people away from a good deal. The good deal making is certainly a local issue but the MOA should be a much stronger supporter, and hopefully if elected IÔÇÖll pursue that help.
What can I offer? As past President of several local chapters/posts of National Engineering SocietyÔÇÖs I know what a National organization can do for you and how much help they can be.

Lee,
THANKS, that's 2 for me! Tony D. is also running for the BOD and he and I agreed we'd vote for one another so we'd have at least one vote each! Debbie's vote too or just yours?
Ride Safe my friend,
Robert
Ps see you in Gunnison.

Lee,
THANKS, that's 2 for me! Tony D. is also running for the BOD and he and I agreed we'd vote for one another so we'd have at least one vote each! Debbie's vote too or just yours?
Ride Safe my friend,
Robert
Ps see you in Gunnison.

Engineer, eh?

What's on your belt?.....Slide rule or calculator?

I am one of the few engineers that actually got 1 hour credit in college for slide rule!
A long time ago in a galaxy far far away.
Ride Safe,
Robert

I had to take an exam on slide rule techniques and significant digits in HS to have privilege of using a calculator in class............

I had to take an exam on slide rule techniques and significant digits in HS to have privilege of using a calculator in class............

I had a very young physics professor (MIT, PhD type, skipped all kinds of High School and College grades) that was as fast using his mind as I was on the 'slip stick'! I was one decimal place more accurate but he was faster!
He spends his time in Gainesville and Cashiers,NC these days. I visit him when I attend the IBA Spring Meeting in Jax and the I-BMW group has a DGR (Deals Gap Rally) that I often attend and visit him in NC too. You can say he along with a retired Marine Corps general knew how to motivate a sideways student.

Thanks for running.

Looks like you met all the qualifications. :laugh

Looking forward to meeting you on the road.

Best of luck.

Thanks for running.

Looks like you met all the qualifications. :laugh

Looking forward to meeting you on the road.

Best of luck.

Bud
Thanks for the support. I am sponsoring a Ride To Eat (RTE) in your backyard so to speak. 6APL13 to Boyette's in Tiptonville TN. You're more than welcome. See the Motorcycle Tourers Forum Ride To Eat web site for details. Or just email me off line and I'll put you on my RTE list. I'd like to hear your ideas.
Ride Safe,
Robert

Well I was Air Force CE Prime Beef. Does this mean I have to salute you Devil Dog/Sea Bee?
I will no matter what Captain. I will say though, I'm an NCO and I work for a living. Thank you for your service. Without the Marines and Navy, the U.S. would still be under prohibition!

Semper Fi Marine and SALUTE Sir
Pat Carol

Well I was Air Force CE Prime Beef. Does this mean I have to salute you Devil Dog/Sea Bee?
I will no matter what Captain. I will say though, I'm an NCO and I work for a living. Thank you for your service. Without the Marines and Navy, the U.S. would still be under prohibition!

Semper Fi Marine and SALUTE Sir
Pat Carol
Pat,
THANK you for your service too. I Purple suited with the Red Horse, Prime Beef and Prime Rib CEs many years ago. Had many a good time with your Chief, 'Duke' Wright, he and the Navy's Chief Ben Montoya (sp) attended a National SAME meeting I co-chaired.
We need to talk about the good old days some day soon.
Ride Safe,
Robert

Last edited:
Semper Fi Devil......Squid............ummm Devildog :D :drink:usa

Does that mean you'll vote for me? Spent some time at Dallas before it was the JRB. Are y'all losing any Regiments/ Battalions? I hear a lot of decommissioning and moving going on? I'm going to the DC Seabee Ball to get the scoop. I can't believe the reductions in force that the Bees are under.
Ride Safe,
Robert

Bud
Thanks for the support. I am sponsoring a Ride To Eat (RTE) in your backyard so to speak. 6APL13 to Boyette's in Tiptonville TN. You're more than welcome. See the Motorcycle Tourers Forum Ride To Eat web site for details. Or just email me off line and I'll put you on my RTE list. I'd like to hear your ideas.
Ride Safe,
Robert

I would love to join you, but I'm in Nashville, ILLINOIS so it is a little ways from my house.

I would love to join you, but I'm in Nashville, ILLINOIS so it is a little ways from my house.

Hi,
Only 166 miles from you, 190 miles via the MRT for me. Just a nice morning ride, not even a tank of gas. Come on you'll have a great time and the food is the best. Think about it.
Are you going to the RTE at the Moonshine (IL) the next weekend? I can't go to the Moonshine, family stuff, which is nice also.
Ride Safe,
Robert

Does that mean you'll vote for me? Spent some time at Dallas before it was the JRB. Are y'all losing any Regiments/ Battalions? I hear a lot of decommissioning and moving going on? I'm going to the DC Seabee Ball to get the scoop. I can't believe the reductions in force that the Bees are under.
Ride Safe,
Robert

I'm Active Reserve (full time support in the navy) and were not really seeing a reduction in forces. What we are getting is a severe cut to maintenance programs and training. We're looking at not even allowing any training unless its for a deployment.

I think that's going to hurt us the most is our equipment is going to start falling apart and were not going to get the proper training.

Back