• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

abs servo noise - R1200RT-2006

lamtha

location,los angeles
finally i got the courage to renew the brake fluid on the whole system,bought the funnel read the instructions put new speed bleeder valves.
today i took a ride and although i have good braking,when i pull the front brake the noise on the shervo motor does not stop unless i release the lever,the rear stops but not right way.so it seems that i did something wrong,is it air in the system?
anybody ever had this problem?
i'll appreciate your advise.
Regards:peter
R1200RT-2006:scratch

Last edited by a moderator:
Marty, i just wanna say you made my day.
perhaps i didn't pay attention before i did the bleeding but for some reason i thought that when i pulled the lever i heard the noise for 2-3 seconds only and then it got silent.
thank you.Peter

Front: servo comes on and stays on as long as the brake lever is triggering the brake switch.
Rear: servo comes on with brakes and any change in braking pressure. Servo will stop with constant pressure, e.g. holding your self stopped on an incline. This is a battery saving feature as the servos suck up battery juice and the bike doesn't generate all that much current at idle. I thought there were words in the riders manual to that effect, but I can't find them. :dunno

thank you again for the detail info.i got the bike 1 month ago and i'm still learning about hexheads.i had an 1150R 2003 before and it was a much simpler bike,but i love this one.
Regards: Peter

Peter - please read: http://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread.php?46055 - You might imagine how this applies to your thread since there are several (two?) generations of brakes used on hexhead models. The query would be model/year specific. I'm adding that info to your thread title, please do so yourself in future posts to the tech sections.

Thanks!

Back