• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Fox Shock rebuild?

howardpin

I have what I think is a Fox Shock on the Front of my 94 R1100RS. Are these rebuildable? If so any recommendations?

contact Lindemann Engineering. If the shock is rebuildable, they should be able to do it.
my guess is that the answer is "maybe"- as in, some Fox units can be rebuilt, others probably not.

I have what I think is a Fox Shock on the Front of my 94 R1100RS. Are these rebuildable? If so any recommendations?

Lindemann bought most of the fox stuff when fox stopped making street bike stuff. The wear parts, seals piston rings etc. are available, Fox is still in business and big into suspension, just not street bikes. I had mine done here: http://www.smsuspensionsystems.com/ in 2011. He does good work and is quite reasonable. All the suspension guys say the Fox are a great and tough shock, better than the Ohlins etc. I was very happy with mine.

Back