• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Good replacement shock for my 88 R100RS?

I've been into bikes for 30 yrs but this is my 1st BMW. I have an 88 rs w/ 54k miles. It presently has a blue springed Koni shock which feels like it's pretty tapped out. Not sure if these are rebuildable or even should be? I put new steering head bearings in it last week as the originals were down right dangerous! The steering was rather spooky before.:scratch We're still socked in w/ winter in VT and I'd like to get things sorted out before spring. I'm about 180lbs and do mostly solo riding if that info is needed? Looking forward to chatting w/ you folks and delving into the boxer world. Thx

consider YSS

I rebuilt the suspension on my recently purchased '88 RS two years ago.
I used YSS shock and Hyperpro/YSS spring and cartidge emmulator in the front. Dealt with Tom Cutter who was most helpful. I also replaced the steering head bearings and installed a San Jose top plate for anchoring the fork tops. I felt that YSS was a very good bang for the buck. All good investments. Bike handles very well now.
Theo Marks '74 R75/6, '88R100RS

Thanks mark

Is there a specific company that handles YSS or is direct from the manufacturer? Have you relocated your bars w/ the new upper triple clamp? I believe my front end is stock, I just changed the fork oil so far.