• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Pecatonica swap meet hosted by the Blackhawk Region BMW association

Wezul, I hope your forecast holds. That would be among the nicest weather I've experienced at the Expo.

Sounds like the nicest weather forecast I've heard for this meet. Due to some recently developed issues with my /5, I will not be able to attend. Makes me sick because of all the great deals I will be missing.

That's Tommy Skillethead for the Metro are, close enough for jazz, right?
We do not say Chicagoland here, this is not an amusement park.
Uh . . . . . . yeah, isn't. Seriously
That is warmer than most years though right?
About time, too.
Alrighty then, likely I'll see you all up there

DSCN0648-X3.jpg

Nice day for a ride
Thank you to all the vendors and traders who showed up, makes it
Nicest weather I can remember in all the years I've attended

Had a great time and glad I mad it out for camping. About the best weather I can remember for this meet. Airhead central was a cozy spot to relax and enjoy the cool evening breeze. Airheads outdid themselves again. :banghead

Yep. That is the most fun that I have had in Pecatonica in a long time. Almost as good as when Edgar Winter Group played there in 1972 with Rick Derringer. No, maybe even better than that. Thanks for all the good conversation and camaraderie and helping to empty some of my boxes of BMW parts.

So who is bringing an airhead for sale?

My boyfriend has very wisely decided he needs to build a cafe racer. So who is going to bring us an airhead suitable for the project? I can bring a trailer. Really :)

My boyfriend has very wisely decided he needs to build a cafe racer. So who is going to bring us an airhead suitable for the project? I can bring a trailer. Really :)

James A may be bringing my 1986 R80RT (which has the fairing removed) Depends on room in his trailer. For sure he'll be bringing my BMW by Dainese riding suit which you suckers have repeatredly refused to buy over the last two sessions in Pecatonica...

Mac

James A may be bringing my 1986 R80RT (which has the fairing removed) Depends on room in his trailer. For sure he'll be bringing my BMW by Dainese riding suit which you suckers have repeatredly refused to buy over the last two sessions in Pecatonica...

Mac
I ought to buy the suit myself.

To answer WI Sharon's question, there are always airheads for sale at the expo.
Apart from Mac's R80, I have an R75/5 that would be particularly well suited for a cafe make-over.

I ought to buy the suit myself.

To answer WI Sharon's question, there are always airheads for sale at the expo.
Apart from Mac's R80, I have an R75/5 that would be particularly well suited for a cafe make-over.

Thanks James - PM sent.

I wonder if the snow will be melted by then??

Thanks for updating the thread Brewmeister (Scottie). I'll see you there. I don't know how many of our Airhead friends might attend, but I am going to bring my camping grill, and make Chihuahua's to snack on. All are welcome,... I'll be camping out in my van.

Turnout

This was the first year I went to this event and was quite disappointed in the low turnout of both buyers and sellers. I will probably go again next year to see if this year was just a bad year because of bad weather.

This was the first year I went to this event and was quite disappointed in the low turnout of both buyers and sellers. I will probably go again next year to see if this year was just a bad year because of bad weather.

Sour weather has a definite effect, but it does seem to shrink a little every year. I will keep going because I want the event to keep going.

Sour weather has a definite effect, but it does seem to shrink a little every year. I will keep going because I want the event to keep going.

The internet (eBay) has killed the event.. Well, that and less people work on their own bikes..
It's just like how the MOA's Flea Market used to be pages upon pages every month.. Now there's really no reason to print it..

I also laugh because when the weather is bad (it's an indoor event) people say it's bad because nobody rides in.. When the weather's great, they say it's bad because everyone rides in and nobody can haul anything home..

:scratch

I remember when it wasn't an indoor event, and getting snowed on.. :)

Back