• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Greetings from Espanola, Ontario, Canada

my name is rob.. i like to spend as much time as possible on my gs. although i work full time, i still manage to get away for a week or two on a bike trip in the summers. i manage around 10,0000 kms per year on ave. in addition to a lot of day trips. i live up in northern ontario, therefore the summers are short,,like 5 months of riding. i like to go to remote places, and travel roads less travelled. my skill level is limited. feel good on gravel roads but not so much on rail beds.. i truly enjoyed a trip up to James Bay ( on the quebec side), and i am planning a trip up the north shore of the St- Laurence this summer that should take us to the end of the road,,,a small place called Natashquan. i have rode diff. bikes for the last 30 yrs, but i purchased a used 1994 r1100gs, rode it for a couple of years and went on and bought a new 05 GS in 2005. and so far so good.
rob.

Welcome!

I'm down in Mississauga. Do let me know if you are down this way.

Last year I was near your area. Traveled from Marathon to Sudbury on my way home from West Coast. Passed along TCH south of Eliot Lake, noticed a lot of OPP going west, but did not know why for a while. It was the shopping mall collapse.

Have a look at my blog for details on the trip.

Gravel? Rail beds? My RT and I will give those a pass. (Some gravel ok - hit a 43 km strip of highway construction - RT was perfectly behaved.)

:laugh

Back