• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

K1300S New Recall - K1200S K1300S K1200R K1200R Sport-- For Brakes

classicvw

Recall Campaign No. 12V-487. 2007-2008 K1200S K1200R and K1200R Sport. And "certain" 2012-2013 K1300S motorcycles.

Hi everyone, I haven't seen it posted here yet but I received a Recall Notice from BMW for the 2012 K1300S that they have me listed as owner. It seems to be the same recall that they issued in 2009, where when operating the bike at steady speed and RPMs the brake fluid resevoir can "foam" which allows air bubbles to be introduced into the brake system. The fix is to have the dealer install a screen inside the brake resevoir.
The recall notice states to call BMW Roadside Assistance at 1(877)-680-2176.

I can't testify to having this done since I only took ownership of the bike on paper after winning it in the Superstakes, and I switched it for a RT. Hope this helps someone.

George

I didn't want anyone who already had the work done under the 2009 recall to think they are OK. Maybe not since the new fix looks to me to be different than the 2009 fix. And now "certain" 2012 and 2013 models are included. Why? Was a part left out of "certain" bikes on the assembly line? Was the "screen install guy" out sick? And why are 2010 and 2011 models not included?

I don't have any answers to your questions. BMW and the NHTSA have revised and expanded the previous recall adding 421 units. The expansion does not come up in the same I normally track because it is under an existing recall for the model.

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/owners/SearchResults.action

If you check the original Transport Canada recall shows the newer models and may be the reason for the expansion of the US recall.

Back