• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Barbacks for F650GS

tbowman2

Does anyone have experience with barbacks for the F650GS? I've installed short (20mm) straight risers, but still get tense between the shoulders. I'm wondering if moving the bar back would help. The MV barbacks appear to be what I'm looking for. They say you can use the stock cables. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• MV 901437.jpg
    MV 901437.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 78
I would question the statement about the cables. When I tried Rox risers on the wife's bike I found I needed a longer front brake hose (handlebar to frame junction section). It would work, just barely with stock, but I worried about stress on the hose at full lock. The other cables and wires should work but will probably require rerouting.
Also could be interference issues with a tank bag and any aftermarket windshield, depending on what you are using.

Rox Risers

I put Rox Risers on my wife's F650GS and agree, you do need to install a longer brake line. I put a Speigler +2" ($59.95) on it and it works great. I like the Rox Risers as they are adjustable from so many different angles. I have a F800GS and a set to put on it too but, it appears the brake line will be long enough on that one....we'll see.

One other comment and not trying to be rude but...if you are feeling it between the shoulders maybe you are a bit tense when you are riding. Like I tell my wife, every once in awhile, double check your grip pressure and relax! Hope this helps and best wishes.

Back