• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Camping in Daytona bike week? air heads others

mrtnfischer

Der Kaptain
any good spots with wifi, Bmw guys and gals, safe, campfire, pool etc. and close to the action

Isn't there a place where the Air heads camp? or used to.:blah

The Holiday campgrounds at the Old Dixie Highway exit from I-95 has lots of tent camping space. The Airheads/FLairheads used to have a hospitality tent at this site but I'm not sure they will be there this year. RIDE SAFE

What happened to Daytona?

Hey all,
Its been a few years since I was at Daytona, but was considering going again this year. But am I to understand there is no longer a "BMW campground"? And ON doesn't even list the event in "Heard on the Road".

Are we supposed to be boycotting, and I didn't get the memo?

K.

camping at Bike week, still at Holiday travel Park

I called them and found out that there will be BMW's camping at Holiday off I 95 exit 278. The airheads of Florida apparently will not have the usual set up but many Beemers will be there. I have also fond out that some from Pa will be there as well..

Thanks for the reply. I'm still not sure I'll be able to attend, but certainly hope so. Surprising how no BMW "group" is running a hospitality tent anymore. At least there seems to be plenty of space for camping.

Thanks for the reply. I'm still not sure I'll be able to attend, but certainly hope so. Surprising how no BMW "group" is running a hospitality tent anymore. At least there seems to be plenty of space for camping.

Here's the park: http://holidaytravelparkco-op.com/BikeWeek.htm

Not so surprising that there are no sponsors. Have you been involved in a local club rally? A small core of the membership does 90% of the planning and work. Now expand that 3 day weekend to a 10 day event, with no local club, but a small group from all over the country that worked hard for many years, relying on volunteers to assist. It was fun, we tried to keep the spirit of BMW at Bike Week alive, but it was alot of work that gets old very quickly.
As a former president, vice-president and member of B-Cubed I thank everyone that participated in those early years.
Special Kudos to Kevin Reimer and the Flairheads for continuing the tradition for many years post B-Cubed.
Feel free to organize a group and sponsor a continuing BMW event there.

Yeah Bob, I know exactly what you are saying. I was a Scoutmaster for a few years, even though I don't have kids. We worked our butts off, but couldn't even get the families involved.

I wasn't complaining, just sad to see such a nice tradition disappear. And I much prefer to camp and socialize with like-minded individuals than with someone pretending to be Billy Badass for a few days.

A PA guy here

I'll be splitting a site with others and probably have space at the KOA some nights. Opening weekend I am joining the cross state ride to Cedar Key with AdventureRiders.com and the last weekend doing a similar trip with DixieDualSport.com people.

Home is in Brandonville, PA (Schuylkill county) but am wintering in Oxford, about 90 miles west of Daytona. If anyone needs a place to hole up I have room for tent camping and a sofa bed.

Space Available.

SITE sharing available. I just booked Daytona KOA from Sunday the 10th thru Thursday before the ride. Thursday a buddy is joining me. At $90/night :)deal) I need a bunch of friends to share the space. My tent is plenty big enough for two. Preference given to females, of course. The KOA said there is room for more than one tent at each site so if your tent/hammok/cot fits you can buy in.

Most of the week I plan to be somewhere in Daytona taking photos. Also interested in just hitting the road whenever necessary.

The lady at the campground said, "You're driving a WHAT? (pause...) You DO know that this is BIKE week, right?" :brow

Back