• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Helmet fitting

nardowell

Nardowell
My 2009 aria profile helmet fits just as it should according to the online videos. However, the cheek pads pushed in too much so I started to order the next size smaller even though they were $45.00 from Arai.

When I got to the part about shipping cast, they wanted to charge $50.00 to ship them.

After a glass of pino noir, I had enough courage to take the chin pads out and trim them down.
Now they fit well and I saved enough for a case of pino noir.

Moral of story----they are easy to trim.

Keep in mind that many brands of helmet with removable cheek (and other) pads have pads that are pre-sliced part-way through to adjust their thickness. In my Arai, if one removes the fabric covering the cheekpad, there is a 5mm-thick pre-slice that can be separated. I'm assuming that - since the manufacturer pre-cut the slice - that the result is still fully protective as designed. Don't forget that is important!

Back