• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

shipping from Boston

shaking trees

I'm shaking the tree here, any more interest in going?

I am still, like, WAAYY interested but only for the trip out. :brad First, I apologize for my delay in responding - I couldn't log in yesterday (kept getting error messages). Some questions.

Where in Boston is the pick-up point and what is the timeframe?
How are we being guaranteed that our loved iron horses are not going to simply disappear?
Where is the pick-up point in Portland?
What is the cutoff time of day for picking up one's trusty steed?
Can the bikes have their luggage on them.... fully packed?
Who is responsible for tying the bike down in the trailer?
What is the accepted form of payment and when is it due?

Can anyone else think of other pertinent questions?

And then on a personal side, would anyone who is participating in this be willing to get me back home after dropping off my bike? I live alone so transportation is an issue for me. I am more than willing to pay for gas.

Cheers! :dance

Louise

I am still, like, WAAYY interested but only for the trip out. :brad First, I apologize for my delay in responding - I couldn't log in yesterday (kept getting error messages). Some questions.

Where in Boston is the pick-up point and what is the timeframe?
How are we being guaranteed that our loved iron horses are not going to simply disappear?
Where is the pick-up point in Portland?
What is the cutoff time of day for picking up one's trusty steed?
Can the bikes have their luggage on them.... fully packed?
Who is responsible for tying the bike down in the trailer?
What is the accepted form of payment and when is it due?

Can anyone else think of other pertinent questions?

And then on a personal side, would anyone who is participating in this be willing to get me back home after dropping off my bike? I live alone so transportation is an issue for me. I am more than willing to pay for gas.

Cheers! :dance

Louise
Where do you live?

the down and dirty details: http://www.funtransport.com/

count so far?
Shipping out
Maybe
Maybe
Yes Ken
Yes Paul
TOTAL YES 2

Shipping home
maybe
TOTAL YES 0

Talked with Barbara this morning ( 800-747-4100 X 2219) need to get everything set by April 26 to get the low rate. They will allow an extra bag with gear on the bike. Pickup would be after the 4th weekend. delivery around the 16th. all this is tentative as she is trying to get things worked out.

You know you want to go to the west coast!
You know you can only spare 2 weeks vacation!
You know you'll kick yourself when you book in June for twice the price!
You just need to sit for a moment and make up your mind!
You know you want to see the sweepstakes draw your name!
If only I knew how to rhyme....

I don't know how to rhyme either!

You know you want to go to the west coast!
You know you can only spare 2 weeks vacation!
You know you'll kick yourself when you book in June for twice the price!
You just need to sit for a moment and make up your mind!
You know you want to see the sweepstakes draw your name!
If only I knew how to rhyme....

Thanks for all the work and info. Unfortunately I'm going to have to bail on this due to a project at work shifting it's scheduled business trip to TX to the same week as the drop off time for the truck. At this point I'm getting concerned about it expanding and shifting even later impacting when I can leave for the west coast! :violin

Louise

Well, there are 2 members that want to ship their bikes. It turns out that I will be traveling in Canada for a family event during the rally.

Back