• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Hall sensor '90 K100LT

I would like to know if any K75 or K100 owners had to change their Hall effect sensor.
If so, what were the signs that the bike exhibited that led to having to change it.

My K75 would start in the morning, run 8 minutes and shut off. Punch the starter and continue on my way. It only happened in the morning. Dealer replaced Hall Sensors and the problem went away. In most cases, the engine will shut off as it warms up and may or may not restart.

You can pull the cover and warm the sensor with a hair dryer and see if stops.

I also had a similar problem later that turned out to be the fuel pump solder connection in the float unit in the tank.

Scott

1990 K100LT Hall Effect Sensor

Thanks for the help, 98Lee. I followed your additional
site for advice; the one with 5 different steps to follow.
I'll definitely do then in order-all of them.
The bike runs perfect in the cooler months. So the tips
are great.
BTW..I lived in Livermore for 5 years in the early '70s.
Humberto in New Mexico
2003 F650CS
1990 K100LT

Back