• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Old Gal....New Bike LOL

Hi all......Newbe here from southern Vt. .... I've had BMW's (and Hondas) for years ....and have been reading ON for all of those years.....I just bought a 700 GS and decided to join.....I am a great grandmother and a MSF instructor ...... For a living, I build guitar pickups....(For you guitarists....I work with Kent Armstrong....who is a life member).....I ride mostly pavement.....but also a lot of gravel roads....because that's what we have here......I'm not a woods rider, I think I would break..;)..joy

So that's a "great" grandmother? Just kidding... Welcome to the forum. Nice country up there...check out the F-Twins forum and post a picture...we all love to see bikes!!

Joy -

A couple of things. You might want to look at this thread:

http://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread.php?2021-How-do-I-post-a-picture

It's a long one, but pretty quickly in that thread is info on how up upload a picture.

Basically, when you reply to a thread, you'll see a screen which looks like the picture below. Notice the red arrow...that points to the part that lets you upload a picture from your computer or provide a link to a picture that is already somewhere on the web. Hopefully that helps a little bit. You might want to go to the very last post in the thread that I listed above...you can practice uploading pictures there. Once you get that down, then go to the F-Twins forum and try your hand there! Good luck!

Attachments

• UploadPic.jpg
    UploadPic.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 149
Cool@ I'm a great grandmother too! Glad to see you here.

If you'd rather you can email me your picture at voni@bigbend.net and I'll post it for you.

Voni
sMiling

Old gal

Love your title. I'll have to go out and get a new bike now so I can be another old guy with a new bike!

Joy's pictures:

Joy1.jpg

Joy2.jpg

Voni
sMiling

Thanks to Voni my new GS pictures have been posted.... (not very good pic. inside) The one in the snow is the nice young man who delivered it.....I had just plowed the driveway and within minutes it was snow covered again.....It hasn't been out of the garage since.....The yellow 650 GS in the background is now for sale.....posted in the flea mkt...thanks ......The unhappy face at the top should be in the above highlighted sentence...:whistle.. joy

Last edited:
Cool@ I'm a great grandmother too! Glad to see you here.

If you'd rather you can email me your picture at voni@bigbend.net and I'll post it for you.

Voni
sMiling
[/QUOT

Voni, she said she is a "Great Grandmother" not just your plain average Grandmother. Wow my hat is off to both of you! At my age I am not even a Grandpa yet. Darn! I think they should make special gray tires for those of us over a certain age. Been riding sixty one years, still going but not so strong and not too fast.

Welcome aboard Not So Plain Jane!

Jack

hi grandma on the bike!

nice motorcycle! Enjoy riding and be safe!

My coworker is 36 and she is a grandma!

Well, you can be like the rest of us New Englanders and keep praying for global warming :whistle

Welcome aboard

Back