Thread: Old Gal....New Bike LOL

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Old Gal....New Bike LOL

Hi all......Newbe here from southern Vt. .... I've had BMW's (and Hondas) for years ....and have been reading ON for all of those years.....I just bought a 700 GS and decided to join.....I am a great grandmother and a MSF instructor ...... For a living, I build guitar pickups....(For you guitarists....I work with Kent Armstrong....who is a life member).....I ride mostly pavement.....but also a lot of gravel roads....because that's what we have here......I'm not a woods rider, I think I would break....joy

So that's a "great" grandmother? Just kidding... Welcome to the forum. Nice country up there...check out the F-Twins forum and post a picture...we all love to see bikes!!
    Kurt -- Forum Administrator ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

Kurt....I have no idea how to post a picture....I can e mail them....but how to put one here ?? . joy

Joy -

A couple of things. You might want to look at this thread:

http://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread....post-a-picture

It's a long one, but pretty quickly in that thread is info on how up upload a picture.

Basically, when you reply to a thread, you'll see a screen which looks like the picture below. Notice the red arrow...that points to the part that lets you upload a picture from your computer or provide a link to a picture that is already somewhere on the web. Hopefully that helps a little bit. You might want to go to the very last post in the thread that I listed above...you can practice uploading pictures there. Once you get that down, then go to the F-Twins forum and try your hand there! Good luck!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Kurt -- Forum Administrator ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

Cool@ I'm a great grandmother too! Glad to see you here.

If you'd rather you can email me your picture at voni@bigbend.net and I'll post it for you.

Voni
    sMiling
    http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves/
    Live fully. Laugh deeply. Love widely.
    BMW MOA Ambassador / FOM / Roving Forum Moderator/
    Selected Friends of Wile E Coyote/ A Million BMW sMiles

jeepinbanditrider
    Yes we need pictars :P

Jack Herbst
    [QUOTE=Voni;854821]Cool@ I'm a great grandmother too! Glad to see you here.

If you'd rather you can email me your picture at voni@bigbend.net and I'll post it for you.

Voni
    sMiling
    [/QUOT

Voni, she said she is a "Great Grandmother" not just your plain average Grandmother. Wow my hat is off to both of you! At my age I am not even a Grandpa yet. Darn! I think they should make special gray tires for those of us over a certain age. Been riding sixty one years, still going but not so strong and not too fast.

Welcome aboard Not So Plain Jane!

Jack
    "All my life I wanted to be somebody. Now I realize I should have been more specific."