• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

C600 headlight DRL's

doraemon

Are there any C600 sports out there with LED daytime running lights? every one here in the Seattle area I have seen, has regular bulbs. In the videos form europe I see LED lights along the entire height of the headlight assembly, leading me to think a stock headlight swap woulf be necessary, unless you just buy T-10 LED arrays and install (which is what I did). In fact you have to keep in mind a swap to T-10 LEDs is not that simple with a canbus system. you have to add resistors to match the current draw, in order to prevent a false lamp error. I purchased a set of SMD mounted resistors and installed to do this.
Here is a pic of W5W vs LED on my bike.
the led was listed in ebay as "error free" but did not work until I added the resistor pack on. Left is the W5W Bulb; right, LED

Attachments

• DSCN1726.jpg
    DSCN1726.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 53
I wasn't even aware that the C's have a canbus. You would think a newer bike would, since it's been around on BMWs for awhile now. What made me think it's not is that it has a fusebox; on my K12GT it had no fusebox. At least not that I was aware of. It could have a lamp monitor system that could get screwed up by wrong bulbs, without having a canbus.

Scooters have something called modulated voltage, I know as we had some issues installing P3 lights. Jerry Skene solved that problem. Done two sets on scooters so far a 650 and a 600 photon blasters on the front of the 650
Frankly the taillight on the 600 is marginal at best P3's make a big difference
If I knew how to post pictures I would
Both were a easy install. Invest in a electric screwdriver it makes quick work of all the torx screws

http://gs911usa.com/index.php
the link above is for a device that once validated will be albe to communicate with the plug.
for the sport, it is located under the seat next to the fuel door.

Not sure if this is being offered as a validation that the C's have canbus or not? Because I would say that this still wouldn't convince be one way or the other that they have canbus.

http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcycles/2012models/2012-BMW-C600Sport.htm
http://www.motoaus.com/road/road-bi.../bmw-c600-sport-and-c650gt-maxi-scooters.html
http://www.barrierobsonmotorcycles.co.uk/c600s.asp

here are a few websites talking about the CANbus systems on the BMW scooters
it's also worth note that the scooters have Dry-sump oil systems and stainless steel braided brake lines, some high end items not stock on a scooter, or basic bike that I know of.

Some of the reasons I chose to trade UP from my burgman.

Scooters have something called modulated voltage, I know as we had some issues installing P3 lights. Jerry Skene solved that problem. Done two sets on scooters so far a 650 and a 600 photon blasters on the front of the 650
Frankly the taillight on the 600 is marginal at best P3's make a big difference
If I knew how to post pictures I would
Both were a easy install. Invest in a electric screwdriver it makes quick work of all the torx screws

Have a website to look at the system?
Modulated voltage is to provide maximum current over short bursts to the LED's in order to get maximum brightness without burnout. I use modulators on leds I use in my home for back lighting. I think Jerry may have done similar to me and used a resistor/Capacitor set to adapt the system to it.

If you had a diagnostic device the same as the BMW workshop you could actually edit the PLC lines and make it work without the resistors ect... Since I imagine it would run $$$$ I will stick with a $10 fix; would have been pennies, but I got buzy and havent gotten to frys to buy the resistors.

here are a few websites talking about the CANbus systems on the BMW scooters
it's also worth note that the scooters have Dry-sump oil systems and stainless steel braided brake lines, some high end items not stock on a scooter, or basic bike that I know of.

Some of the reasons I chose to trade UP from my burgman.

Got it, thanks.

Back