• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

1974 r90/6 resurrection.

GRRRR.

stupid PO.

took off the fork brace to put on a 4 hole fender instead of a 6 hole. No wonder this thing handles like crap.

and put some mutant,screwed up, japanese hodge-podge on for braking. And when I took it off to clean it, it was the only thing holding the throttle assembly in one piece. Luckily for me, I -had- a throttle assembly.

swapped out the throttle assembly, and installed a new brake light switch... now I have brake lights.

now all I have to do is track down a master cylinder. I've got one, but it's for a much later bike. it fits, and if desperate, I might use it.

forks are gonna require a complete rebuild, and I"m going to have to scare up a fender brace somewhere.

The other weird thing is only one fork leg has a keeper screw. the other one looks suspiciously like someone welded it shut. so... I might be looking for a new fork tube.... dammit.

And yes, pix forthcoming.

OK, here's some interesting bits...

View attachment 37511

I can't tell if it's an arabic data plate, or just a plate with arabic on it that they used to secure the plug.. thoughts?

Also, what are those really thick shims at the bottoms of the cylinders for, lowering compression? my r90s motor doesn't have em.

View attachment 37512

I am wondering if this is Arabic or some other eastern mystique,i spent a little time in the middle east and it does not strike me as regular style arabic.That said i do have a professor of arabic studies living on the same street,i will consult with him over tea and atoke on hookah and then get back to you.
The reason i am poking around in this thread is because i have just acquired a 74 R90/6 that is good to go (its red).

Back