• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Advice needed for Custom Low Seat option for 1200RT

seat nirvana

Thanks for your input... By the way, who did your custom seat...?

I bought my seat from Rick Mayer. Overall I am 95% satisfied. I may look for an adjustment next time I am in CA of an additional layer of padding since the bike is now low enough for me. I don't think you can go wrong with any aftermarket seatmaker, RDL, either of the Mayers, Rich's. The stock BMW low seat is that bad.

But first you will need to deal with the seat height issue. Good luck to you.

I bought my seat from Rick Mayer. Overall I am 95% satisfied. I may look for an adjustment next time I am in CA of an additional layer of padding since the bike is now low enough for me. I don't think you can go wrong with any aftermarket seatmaker, RDL, either of the Mayers, Rich's. The stock BMW low seat is that bad.

But first you will need to deal with the seat height issue. Good luck to you.

In my opinion ... Rick Mayer seems to have more consistently happy customers as compared to Bill (Rocky) Mayer saddles. I have ridden on both, and the comfort and quality seemed higher on the Rick Mayer saddle.

Boots

I have BMW All-Around Boots, my cobbler said the same thing, but said he could do it with these. Problem solved for $90.

boots 004.jpg

hamman, the BMW seat was a "low seat". I also have a "standard seat" that I can put on this evening for further comparison. Have you seen anyone with any positive ( or negative for that matter) experience with the low Corbin seat?

As I have posted on a different thread, the BMW low seat was the most painful I have ever ridden. I now have a Corbin 1-piece low seat on my factory lowered RT and I ride 400-500 mile days in comfort.

Back