• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Rules of the road

sickticket

"Rules of the Road" (or offically the International Regulations for Preventing Collisions at Sea) is a set of 38 internationally recognized rules which govern the conduct of ships at sea and to the sea lanes but the following ditty also pertains to our favorite past time.

Here lies the body of Michael O'Day,
Who died maintaining his right of way,
He was right, dead right, as he sailed along,
But he's just as dead as if he'd been wrong.

Being proactive in keeping a safety area around you will save your butt.

SAFE RIDING.

I hear all of that. Especially true today with everyone doing everything but paying attention to their driving.

sickticket;853779 Here lies the body of Michael O'Day said:
Been trying to get that idea into my driving grandkids' heads for awhile now. Not sure they get it yet. Seems to take a fair amount of experience on the road and in life.

Been trying to get that idea into my driving grandkids' heads for awhile now. Not sure they get it yet. Seems to take a fair amount of experience on the road and in life.

Though I consider "fear-tactics" a poor substitute for better teaching methods, I do occasionally remind ambivalent novices that cemetaries are full of people who had "the right of way."

Then I tell them "Ride smart and sharp - not proud and loud" on a motorcycle!

....my mantra....

Kevin....I heartily agree....hence my mantra...and forum sig......

"Heed NEAD" = No Egos, Attitudes, Distractions!!!!:thumb

51 years ago, I was a new driver. Mr Al Brown was the assistant manager at the grocery store where I worked. Nice man, and he made the point to me - don't be stupid and get into an accident by insisting on your right of way.

I have never forgotten his common sense advice. It has served me well.

Back