• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Stebel Horn Install 2006 R1200GS

bobframe

Anyone done a Stebel horn install on a GS?

IMHO, the OEM horn is weak and I have come to really appreciate the powerful Stebel horn (Compact Nautilus??) that I have on my ST1300. I'd love to hear how and where others have installed these horns on their GS's. Even though space was super tight on the ST, someone found a very elegant spot to tuck one away. Since the Stebel draws a lot of power, the OEM circuitry could only suffice as a trigger for a relay that powered it. I presume the GS would work the same way.

Thanks in advance,

Bob

Last edited by a moderator:
Did one on my 2011 1200gs, bought the kit from excelcyclewerks, complete with good directions
Mine had the split horn/compressor. Only difficulty was installing mounting bracket, little room with large hands

That is to bad, I talked to the guy that was previous owner of Excel at the MOA rally last year and he had some very neat stuff.

Wish I had seen this about 2 this afternoon as I was on the phone with Micatech, I will probably call them tomorrow and order a Pack Rack so I will ask them

That is to bad, I talked to the guy that was previous owner of Excel at the MOA rally last year and he had some very neat stuff.

Wish I had seen this about 2 this afternoon as I was on the phone with Micatech, I will probably call them tomorrow and order a Pack Rack so I will ask them

I spoke with Bob at Micatech this afternoon. Told me that they no longer represent the Excel stuff...but has a bit of inventory remaining. I'm trying to get one of the Stebel mounting brackets from them, which he said works well.

Oh ok, they had great looking curise control that was pretty slick but it does not appear on the site.

thanks for the info.

Back