• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

2008 GSA Footpegs

junkjohn

Watch This!!!
After only 19,500 miles I have noticed that my boots are starting to saw threw at the arches, from the saw blade type footpegs on my GSA. Is there a remedy other than my favorite gray tape? I have been wearing Redwings with Vibram soles.

R1200R footpegs.

It used to work that way, anyway.

Or ... item #2 from your dealer

Attachments

• Image3.jpg
    Image3.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 377
Just part #2 won't work for a GSA. Works on the GS foot pegs, but the GSA ones are wider and the rubber insert won't snap in. Or I'm pretty sure on that. You could order GS foot pegs with inserts though. Or grind down the top of the teeth on the GSA pegs some.

But 20k miles out of riding boots sounds decent to me. Plus, if they are steel shank then it won't go all the way through anyway.

After looking at that illustration, I think I will make my own rubbers out of an old hockey puck. Thank you for the heads up.

Back