• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Windshield Question

PHOTONPHIL

Any body try or knows someone who has tried a Parabellum Scout fairing on a R1100r? I've tried 3 different windshields trying to find one that does not buffett. The Scout looks good but a 800 bucks its a lot of money just to give it a try. I really love my R but if I can't solve this buffetting issue, up for sale it goes. Thanks in advance for your input.

try this..........

I have an R1100R that I bought used. It came with the extremely noisy and buffett-prone BMW OEM windshield.....I have been really happy with the LAMINAR LIP that's on it now / easy to attach, relatively inexpensive and remarkably effective....no more buffetting !! go to their website, take a look...

Take a look also at the deflector from Wunderlich. I have both the Laminar, and now the Wunderlich....used both on my OEM tall shield....[04 R1150R]

Both make a huge difference in noise / buffeting , but {IMO} the Wunderlich looks much better, and is easily more adjustable. In extreme heat, you can lay it down and get all the air should ya want?

Ron

71565, I've tried a Laminar Lip and really did not notice a difference.

71243, I'll look at the Wunderlich part. Thanks

another thought.........

I have found that the main buffeting I experience is eliminated / greatly reduced when I switch helmets....try a different helmet..even just opening the face-shield a notch made an amazing difference........good excuse to buy a new helmet (!)......I just bought a QWEST / got rid of a Multiutec that was the wrong size / too big.....

Sorry, never tried or seen (other than the net) the scout fairing. I have 2 screens for my R1100R, Aeroflow for winter and +2 Cee Bailey for summer. I do not have buffeting problems with either. The Aeroflow is very smooth and I suffocated in the Texas heat. The Cee Bailey has a nice full flow at the center of the visor on my Nolan N104 helmet. I do get buffeting in cross winds but nothing can change that. The R11R is my daily rider and I am very pleased with it.

I'm 5"'11" with the factory seat on the high setting, YMMV.

http://www.aeroflowscreens.com/R850_&_R1100R.htm

http://www.ceebaileys.com/bmw/1100rws.html

Back