Thread: Windshield Question

Question Windshield Question

Any body try or knows someone who has tried a Parabellum Scout fairing on a R1100r? I've tried 3 different windshields trying to find one that does not buffett. The Scout looks good but a 800 bucks its a lot of money just to give it a try. I really love my R but if I can't solve this buffetting issue, up for sale it goes. Thanks in advance for your input.

try this..........

I have an R1100R that I bought used. It came with the extremely noisy and buffett-prone BMW OEM windshield.....I have been really happy with the LAMINAR LIP that's on it now / easy to attach, relatively inexpensive and remarkably effective....no more buffetting !! go to their website, take a look...

Take a look also at the deflector from Wunderlich. I have both the Laminar, and now the Wunderlich....used both on my OEM tall shield....[04 R1150R]

Both make a huge difference in noise / buffeting , but {IMO} the Wunderlich looks much better, and is easily more adjustable. In extreme heat, you can lay it down and get all the air should ya want?

Ron

71565, I've tried a Laminar Lip and really did not notice a difference.

71243, I'll look at the Wunderlich part. Thanks

another thought.........

I have found that the main buffeting I experience is eliminated / greatly reduced when I switch helmets....try a different helmet..even just opening the face-shield a notch made an amazing difference........good excuse to buy a new helmet (!)......I just bought a QWEST / got rid of a Multiutec that was the wrong size / too big.....

Sorry, never tried or seen (other than the net) the scout fairing. I have 2 screens for my R1100R, Aeroflow for winter and +2 Cee Bailey for summer. I do not have buffeting problems with either. The Aeroflow is very smooth and I suffocated in the Texas heat. The Cee Bailey has a nice full flow at the center of the visor on my Nolan N104 helmet. I do get buffeting in cross winds but nothing can change that. The R11R is my daily rider and I am very pleased with it.

I'm 5"'11" with the factory seat on the high setting, YMMV.

http://www.aeroflowscreens.com/R850_&_R1100R.htm

http://www.ceebaileys.com/bmw/1100rws.html