• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

My Biggest Dumb*** Move

My wife has fixed my side panel on my CB400F with a fiberglass fingernail repair kit, it's lasted for years

This is normal stock and trade work for modern body shops. The EXACT correct repair product is available. There is no need to guess about something working and having it fail after all the expensive finishing and painting.

Of course 3M is one supplier. http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_EU/BodyshopSolutions/-/HowTo/RebuildATab/ There are others.

We have an Old Dodge conversion van with air dam bumper covers that nearly drag the ground. I backed into something and nearly broke one end off. About an 18" long break. Body man cleaned it up, stitched it together temporally with nylon ties and glued it back together. Repair can't be seen and is permanently repaired just like millions of bumpers and other plastic panels on cars on the road today. I imagine the type labeled for tabs and brackets is stronger at the expense of being less finish-able.
For small amounts it is possible to dispense with two dowels onto a mixing board rather than the expensive double barreled calking gun and mixer nozzles. Expect to pay about $35.00 a tube. Cheap.
Good luck.

Back