• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

2013 Rally = Who's going?

Reading back over the comments of this post is making me more excited about the trip. Hopefully we will see some of you along the way. I will be looking for ya!!!....Woody's could not fix my wheel, so a new rim had to be ordered, taking a chunk out of my travel fund...bummer. But the wheel looks great, is round, mounted and ready to head west. Our first night will be spent in Denver with my brother. Then lots of slabbing....across Colorado and up to Salt Lake City, then through Idaho into Oregon....fun fun! Then on to Seattle and maybe Canada....Oh, almost forgot...haul ass south to Salem for the rally. Im gonna travel light so I can buy goodies at the rally! :groovy

Heading down from Seattle.
Hoping for great weather.
Bringin' 2 bikes!
(R75/5 and S1000RR)

Say Hi if you see 'em!

Rally

I'm headed out on 7-13 from Moore, going to try to do an IBA Bun Burner Gold to just the other side of Boise, ID. After a day or so with my cousin, a little slower pace the rest of the way to Salem. Not sure of my route back yet but thinking about heading back over and down thru Montana, stopping to see the grandkids in Casper, WY, then on home by the weekend after the rally. Should be some great riding. Anyone want to slab the first 1537 miles with me on the 13th, shoot me a pm.

Ok....we are officially less than 2 weeks from departure. Getting reeeelly giddy. Final preparations are being made. The Cardo Q3 Multi set has arrived so I've been playing with that new toy. I have both units updated, radio stations programmed, iPhone connected for calls and music....very nice. I've noticed more strange looks from my wife....What's so wrong about walking around the house in shorts, motorcycle boots and helmet on, jamming to some tunes through the Q3?....sometimes I just don't understand her. Now if I could figure out where the intercom mute button is on this Q3...and I'm not just saying that because of my annoying friend Hozer.....:dance

The sidecar rig is mostly packed, just some last minute stuff remains. Barley is really excited! He runs into the shop, jumps into the hack and looks at me expectantly. Soon, Little Brother!

We start our trip this coming Thursday, the 4th of July. Looks like rain and afternoon thunderboomers, but we're ready for just about anything.

rally

I'm starting to get excited but have changed my plans slightly. I'm leaving this Sunday night about 9 pm on my Bun Burner Gold attempt so I can get the night riding done first on roads I'm most familiar with. I'll visit a cousin in Boise, ID, then spend at least 1 night, maybe 2 at the camp out before the rally there at the state park near Boise. If anyone is interested in the camp out, Todd Lovell <toddlovell39@gmail.com>, is coordinating it and it's limited to 50 campers on both Tue and Wed nights. I saw it in the back of the MOA magazine. PM me if you need Todd's email. Hope to see some fellow forum members in Salem. Ride safe and have fun.

I'm headed out on 7-13 from Moore, going to try to do an IBA Bun Burner Gold to just the other side of Boise, ID. After a day or so with my cousin, a little slower pace the rest of the way to Salem. Not sure of my route back yet but thinking about heading back over and down thru Montana, stopping to see the grandkids in Casper, WY, then on home by the weekend after the rally. Should be some great riding. Anyone want to slab the first 1537 miles with me on the 13th, shoot me a pm.

Made it from OKC to just the other side of Boise in 22 hours. Came on over to Salem yesterday. Big crowd at the Rally. Plan to ride Hwy 101 tomorrow.

Barley and I had a wonderful time, met some great new friends and reconnected with old, donated a bottle of Scotch to the Airheads since none of my veteran buddies seemed able to find us for a free shot, and left this morning. The heat along our path home is pushing triple digits, and I needed the extra day to reduce Barley's daily transit time as he doesn't handle heat all that well.

We're currently in Boise ID. Will cross to Idaho Falls in the wee hours tomorrow, then cut past the Grand Tetons and on toward Casper as far as we can make it.

Thanks everyone for a great time!

Hey glenfiddich...I was hoping to meet you and say hello. Me and my buddy Hozer seen you and Barley walking towards the beer tent (assuming) but we were on a mission to find a helmet. I thought "I'll catch you in a bit"....dang, another missed opportunity. It was fun and a hell of a ride. I rode 4717 miles from my driveway to my driveway, Oklahoma to Victoria, BC and back. We met some of great people along the way and learned a lot about motorcycle travel....ready to go again!:clap

Great rally

Great rally, I'm visiting my daughter in Casper,WY, then headed to the Top of the Rockies rally in Paonia, CO before heading back to Moore.

Back