Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 16 to 21 of 21

Thread: repaires on bmw bike in Ohio.

  1. #16
    Registered User amiles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Murrells Inlet, S. C.
    Posts
    870
    I had only one experience at sills & it wasn't too good. I took a front wheel with tire for them to install a new one. My machine is an R90/6 with left side brake. The old and new tires had directional arrows. Apparently no note was taken of the rotation direction on the old tire & thus with a 50/50 chance they got it wrong.

    Anybody could make a mistake like that...I just didn't appreciate being rather rudely spoken to about it as though I was being overly picky about their work. Funny thing I never sought service from them again. In fairness this was some time ago.

    One other time I had been in the sales room while a salesman was explaining the differences between the "boxter" engine vs the K.

  2. #17
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    6

    wrecked bike

    They have informed me the bike is a total loss. I am not pleased with rider insurance. They don't send any one out to look at bike they have the bike shop do all the work. As far as keeping you informed they do not you have to call them. And you have to send any thing you think should be covered with the bike. They then said that if it is not part of the bike its not covered. tank bag,gps, Still working on getting this completed.I have put my name on a 90th anniversary R1200 gsa. planning to ride to Salem this summer.

  3. #18
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1

    My experience with Sills has been just the opposite.

    Quote Originally Posted by amiles View Post
    I had only one experience at sills & it wasn't too good. I took a front wheel with tire for them to install a new one. My machine is an R90/6 with left side brake. The old and new tires had directional arrows. Apparently no note was taken of the rotation direction on the old tire & thus with a 50/50 chance they got it wrong.

    Anybody could make a mistake like that...I just didn't appreciate being rather rudely spoken to about it as though I was being overly picky about their work. Funny thing I never sought service from them again. In fairness this was some time ago.

    One other time I had been in the sales room while a salesman was explaining the differences between the "boxter" engine vs the K.
    My experience at Sills has been positive. They have excellent mechanics and the sales team knowledgable and helpful. Never been treated rudely.

  4. #19
    Benchwrenching PGlaves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    "Big Bend" TX
    Posts
    8,944
    In my experience, every time I have seen a person stride into a shop visibly angry, they left later equally angry.

    On both sides of every fence, attitude is everything.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves

  5. #20
    No longer a member here
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,432
    Quote Originally Posted by OLDWAVE View Post
    My experience at Sills has been positive. They have excellent mechanics and the sales team knowledgable and helpful. Never been treated rudely.
    It is like at any other place in the country. It depends on who you run into when you deal at a certain dealer. The young gentleman at Sill's who is the BMW salesperson is very friendly and also very knowledgeable about the product.
    If he is not there when you pop in and you talk to one of the other guys - who also sell Hondas and lawnmowers - about a BMW, you may not get the answers you expect.

  6. #21
    LEGEND IN MY OWN MIND..
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Buffalo Grove IL
    Posts
    751
    Quote Originally Posted by PGlaves View Post
    In my experience, every time I have seen a person stride into a shop visibly angry, they left later equally angry.

    On both sides of every fence, attitude is everything.
    So very true!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •