• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

repaires on bmw bike in Ohio.

Has any one had work done at sills in cleveland ohio or all seasons in wooster ohio. Trying to figure out who is better at major repaires.

Both are O.K. but neither one is on the top end of the scale. Sill's is rather busy with lawnmower repairs and All Season's has too many other brands and both don't have a real good BMW mechanic.
The absolute best BMW service you can get in NE Ohio is at Mathias BMW in New Philadelphia.
It may be a long haul, depending where you are, but it is worth it.
What bike?

Last edited:
Other than a tire change at All Seasons, I have not had work done at Sills or All Seasons, so I can not speak about their quality.

I have had outstanding service from Mathias BMW in New Philadelphia, OH since I moved to this area in 1995. Dealership owner Gene is a treats you more than fairly and lead mechanic Jamie will see that your bike is done correctly. I have bought both a new and a used BMW from this dealership.

I also did well with Re-Psycle BMW when I needed parts and service on a 1984 R80RT.

I have lived in Michigan, Illinois and Ohio and dealt with more than 12 BMW dealerships and repair shops in those states since I started riding in the 1970's. Mathias ranks among the best of those. :clap

thank you

I am sorry i missed you. I was sleeping hit a deer sat. going 65/70 mph bike has heavy front end damage. threw deer 60 feet I went off road layed bike down then rolled slid not sure. I am very sore but ok. trying to get to a shop so it can be hopefully fixed. I never wear a helmet but I got it out and put it on coming home I can remember the impact then my head hitting the ground will always wear one now. I really would i to thank you for your help.

:brow:brow:eek Wow! That is one hell of a reason to have to look for a repair shop! Did you contact your insurance? Are you sure the bike CAN be repaired - is the frame bent?
Again, what bike?

I have a lot of R11XXRT front fairing parts if you need some. Jon

Funny that you put the two XXes in there:
I don't want to hijack this thread, but has anyone ever changed a R1100RT top fairing to a R1150RT part? Does it fit or do you need the fairing bracketry/holder?
I know you need a different headlight.

Gee-whiz...

after its repaired; get a sports car! ...less ya know you got 9 lives; you do seem lucky.

Funny that you put the two XXes in there:
I don't want to hijack this thread, but has anyone ever changed a R1100RT top fairing to a R1150RT part? Does it fit or do you need the fairing bracketry/holder?
I know you need a different headlight.

To change it over you need a new headlight, and the tupperware panel around it. To make it fully functional you need a new dash panel with the light switch for the fog light and headlight adjustor, along with the adjusting mechanism. It would be very hard to spot a conversion. Jon

The question really was, if it is necessary to change the metal bracketry. I have the headlight and the plastic, as well as the top cover for the windshield base, which is different.
Didn't think about the instrument panel and the switches for fog-light and headlight adjustment.:brow

The question really was, if it is necessary to change the metal bracketry. I have the headlight and the plastic, as well as the top cover for the windshield base, which is different.
Didn't think about the instrument panel and the switches for fog-light and headlight adjustment.:brow

check with realoem to see if they interchange

wrecked gsa

I dropped the bike off at Mathias BMW real nice people . They were taking it apart yesterday both rims bent,piece out of frame.I have got to wait for insurance to get back to me. Do not want a car. Already looking at another GSA. Miss my bike I only had her 6 1/2 months and she gave me alot of good memories. They put a speedometer on and she stated up still wants to be rode. I signed the organ donor card for her. She will live on. Wear your helmet and get hip,back and shoulder protection.

I had only one experience at sills & it wasn't too good. I took a front wheel with tire for them to install a new one. My machine is an R90/6 with left side brake. The old and new tires had directional arrows. Apparently no note was taken of the rotation direction on the old tire & thus with a 50/50 chance they got it wrong.

Anybody could make a mistake like that...I just didn't appreciate being rather rudely spoken to about it as though I was being overly picky about their work. Funny thing I never sought service from them again. In fairness this was some time ago.

One other time I had been in the sales room while a salesman was explaining the differences between the "boxter" engine vs the K.

wrecked bike

They have informed me the bike is a total loss. I am not pleased with rider insurance. They don't send any one out to look at bike they have the bike shop do all the work. As far as keeping you informed they do not you have to call them. And you have to send any thing you think should be covered with the bike. They then said that if it is not part of the bike its not covered. tank bag,gps, Still working on getting this completed.I have put my name on a 90th anniversary R1200 gsa. planning to ride to Salem this summer.

My experience with Sills has been just the opposite.

I had only one experience at sills & it wasn't too good. I took a front wheel with tire for them to install a new one. My machine is an R90/6 with left side brake. The old and new tires had directional arrows. Apparently no note was taken of the rotation direction on the old tire & thus with a 50/50 chance they got it wrong.

Anybody could make a mistake like that...I just didn't appreciate being rather rudely spoken to about it as though I was being overly picky about their work. Funny thing I never sought service from them again. In fairness this was some time ago.

One other time I had been in the sales room while a salesman was explaining the differences between the "boxter" engine vs the K.

My experience at Sills has been positive. They have excellent mechanics and the sales team knowledgable and helpful. Never been treated rudely.

In my experience, every time I have seen a person stride into a shop visibly angry, they left later equally angry.

On both sides of every fence, attitude is everything.

My experience at Sills has been positive. They have excellent mechanics and the sales team knowledgable and helpful. Never been treated rudely.

It is like at any other place in the country. It depends on who you run into when you deal at a certain dealer. The young gentleman at Sill's who is the BMW salesperson is very friendly and also very knowledgeable about the product.
If he is not there when you pop in and you talk to one of the other guys - who also sell Hondas and lawnmowers - about a BMW, you may not get the answers you expect.

Back