• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

A new to me 1200 gs rally

Davesbmw

I purchased a clean unit,low mile,one owner 2012 R1200GS RALLY and need all the kit to up fit it.
I know and will watch the flea market but if you see some one selling adventure cases and such accessories?
I would appreciate you pass that along.
Thanks in advance
Dave

I would get the Jesse's panniers and be done with it. I don't think there's that much difference in price and Jesse's are a lot more heavy duty.

Jessee

I would get the Jesse's panniers and be done with it. I don't think there's that much difference in price and Jesse's are a lot more heavy duty.
Ponch
I would go with Jesse luggage again had the last set not leaked even after trying to seal all the numerous penetration had an 1" of water in them after 4 hrs in the rain.
First set I had on my 05 gs never leaked but had the old style latches not the new and improved slider system
Dave

Ponch
I would go with Jesse luggage again had the last set not leaked even after trying to seal all the numerous penetration had an 1" of water in them after 4 hrs in the rain.
First set I had on my 05 gs never leaked but had the old style latches not the new and improved slider system
Dave

OK. I didn't know. The thing about the BMW panniers is that they look like they'd collapse if the bike went over on it's side. There are other panniers that are supposed to be durable, like Micatech...So when you had the leaks, what did Jesse do for you?

Dave, I'm surprised to read this. I've had Jesse bags on my 12GS's since they came out in '04. Over 200k miles on the same set and no leaks. I've been careful to not pinch the rubber seals.

leaking

Dave, I'm surprised to read this. I've had Jesse bags on my 12GS's since they came out in '04. Over 200k miles on the same set and no leaks. I've been careful to not pinch the rubber seals.

These were the new models that slide forward and rear. They have several penetrations where the brackets bolt through with only steel plates and bolts
Jesse sent me larger stainless washers to replace the small one they installed when they installed them on my bike.
Did nothing to stop the leak
I made gaskets to try and seal off holes in the back side to no avail.
Jesse said they have had a few that leaked like mine.
I replaced them with the adventure cases no leaks.
The first set on my 2005 GS had the original style connectors and never leaked.
Dave

No leaks here either:)

On my 7th set of Jesse Bags, no leakers. I did drill some holes in my Jesse bags and trunk for water bottles and misc. other access. added. SILICONE never leaks if added properly. My bags have seen the worst case scenarios in touring, wet, mud and a general beating! The Jesse lineup is still #1 or very near so imo. Some others are really good too. Randy

Back