• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Capital Cycle parts

Most of the parts I needed for my 1978 R100S came from either Huckys or A&S BMW Motorcycles. Excellent service and ease of ordering.

http://www.ascycles.com/

How funny! You are in Ohio and use A & S in California, and I am in Nevada and use Max in New York.

I had used Capital in the past to buy "stock" items, as I have several Airheads. But they "lost' a couple orders, and were lackadaisical about getting them out. So I haven't bought since. It seemed they changed ownership.

No one has mentioned them, but I have been very happy with EUBMW, though their offerings are not large.

BMW Motorcycles of Countryside near Chicago works for me. Inquire about their discount plan if you order parts.

How funny! You are in Ohio and use A & S in California, and I am in Nevada and use Max in New York.

I had used Capital in the past to buy "stock" items, as I have several Airheads. But they "lost' a couple orders, and were lackadaisical about getting them out. So I haven't bought since. It seemed they changed ownership.

No one has mentioned them, but I have been very happy with EUBMW, though their offerings are not large.
If, that's if, I bought in state from a dealer 140 miles away I would start out paying 6% over parts cost for taxes. In todays world I don't care if the parts come from Timbuktu if there good & cheap. Thats the way people often buy stuff these days,esp. when there is no such thing as "local" for me.Also shipping policies & price points /business plans vary wildly on parts. On my Honda vintage project many/most of the parts sellers are in Asia. NY, CA doesn't matter to me.

Be careful what you say!

If, that's if, I bought in state from a dealer 140 miles away I would start out paying 6% over parts cost for taxes. In todays world I don't care if the parts come from Timbuktu if there good & cheap. Thats the way people often buy stuff these days,esp. when there is no such thing as "local" for me.Also shipping policies & price points /business plans vary wildly on parts. On my Honda vintage project many/most of the parts sellers are in Asia. NY, CA doesn't matter to me.

They are watching us. I also try to avoid paying taxes by ordering across state lines at times, seeing that my closest dealer is 100 miles away and they don't have an internet parts site. With our exploding government debt I doubt we will have this option very long.

Back to Capitol Cycle, I have had good and bad experiences with them. I bought all the parts I needed to rebuild my carbs from them at a good price, however when they arrived the price was higher. Still good prices but when I place an online order I expect it to be the advertised price. They seem to have improved their website some. Now if their prices are lower I order by phone and confirm the prices before ordering. The carb rebuild kit from C.C. is quite a bit lower than Bings and seem to be the same. I agree that Max provides excellent service and Rusty and crew can save you grief with their excellent knowlege of seemingly all things BMW.

The Chicago BMW that I used to buy parts from -with a discount- is gone. While I don't expect a freebie from a business: Is there a BMW dealer that currently offers a similar discount on OEM parts? I get that on car parts but have no similar deal for my bikes, in fact it's easy to get ~20% off on BMW car parts w/o being in business.

Since Chicago closed, I've been using http://www.bmwmotorcyclesofcountryside.com/. They are offering a 10% off OEM pricing for MOA members. Just call and request.
You're going to want to learn how to use a parts fiche for selecting the correct parts. Fiches are available on many different sites, with some variation in how they're configured. I've gotten used to using Max's, or realoem.com. Max's seems pretty logical and clear. this is Countrysides.. http://parts.bmwmotorcyclesofcountryside.com/bmwbikes.epc
spend some time poking around, you'll be a pro in no time.

Max!

MaxBMW, Ebay, and Bing are my only source for parts so far. Great experience with Max because of their service and technical support. Ebay, in my opinion, is only good for body parts that will need repainted/refurbished. Bing's OK too, but the dude I spoke with had no personality and he seemed kind of nervous- parts good. Considering shock replacements which may take me in a different direction due to $$ and it makes me nervous.

Back