• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Ireland Bike Tours.

JeffGaucher

My brother n law is going to Ireland and wants to do a bike tour. Has anyone been or know anyone who has done one with a company. I checked out a couple companies but none so Ireland specifically.

maybe rent in Britain ,ferry to Ireland? ADV has a trip planning section for the whole world & as plenty of UK riders on there watching so he will find out quickly there-far more likely than here.

You might check out Celticrider.com. They offer a variety of options for touring Ireland. I have not taken a tour with them yet nor am I affiliated with them in any way. I am not aware of the mc show schedule in the east but they are promoting their company at the western shows this month. Backroadsusa.com has a report on their ride and experience with this tour company in their January emagazine.

I've toured Ireland 3-4 times by bike - a great time was had each time.
rented in England a couple of times and also at Celtic rider as mentioned above. It was a bit cheaper in England
I'd skip the tours and just rent a bike and ride on my own.

A few piccies....

Ring of Kerry...
UKtrip2006441.jpg

UKtrip2006438.jpg

UKtrip2006442.jpg

Temple bar in Dublin is a must see also - touristy, but still fun...
IMG_3029Large.jpg

IMG_3040Large.jpg

IMG_3028Large.jpg

rented this GS from Paul at Celtic Rider...
IMG_3536Large.jpg

IMG_3538Large.jpg

The ruins and graveyards are my favorite thing to see in Ireland...
IMG_3582Large.jpg

IMG_3690Large.jpg

IMG_3758Large.jpg

If your bro-in-law needs any pointers about where to stay and what to do, he can email me at EaracheMS @ Gmail.com if he'd like. be happy to help him out.

Eric

Galway...
IMG_4097Large.jpg

Drank lots of this...
IMG_4111Large.jpg

Back