• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

c600 sport Stripped naked

doraemon

To start with, the color panels are not color plastic panels. they are painted. I found the color codes and kits at www.colorrite.com, you can paint other items to match, this includes the lower silver panel as well.

Attachments

• IMAG0169.jpg
    IMAG0169.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 173
naked bars, note the brake lines and plug waiting for the GPS to plug in. the cover for this area also has drill hole markings ready for mounting the gps.

Attachments

• IMAG0189.jpg
    IMAG0189.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 171
more nakedness, he he
here is the left side. the black bolt in the lower left of screen is drain for Crankcase, the one right of the kickstand is for the oil sump as these engines are dry sump running.

Attachments

• IMAG0211.jpg
    IMAG0211.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 145
Any idea where the drive belt is that needs to be occasionally replaced? Does it look like a potential DIY job?

For the GT and sport, the drive belt is on the right side. When I return home from a business trip I will take that side down and post the photos. I think the panels for the sport are much easier to access the drive belt. we will see next Thursday...

Sorry if I'm overstepping but here's the naked right-side of the C650 GT.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 123
Not oversteping at all. Looks good!! I don't have to pull that much plastic off to get to the CVT, I will post pics once back at home.

Not oversteping at all. Looks good!! I don't have to pull that much plastic off to get to the CVT, I will post pics once back at home.

Thanks! It actually wasn't too bad to get off once I found the right sequence (top down!). I hadn't intended to remove anything except for a slight garage mishap yesterday necessitating the replacement of two pieces of bodywork (the entire footboard and front fairing). I was pleasantly surprised , however, that both of the pieces are in the $160 range each, WAY less than I'd feared. Got everything back on and patched up with a bit of black duct tape and hope the replacement parts show up sometime in the next month.

Thanks much for the posts. In case you didn't read any prior threads in the forum, I am anticipating my GT in the spring, Red/Silver, so interested in the "blood and guts" of the bike. I think I see where the belt must be. I sort of see where the air filter is, how to they duct the clean air back to the engine?

Last edited:
right side partial nakedness
two small panels cover the CVT, much less to remove and easier to access than the GT

Attachments

• DSCN1691.jpg
    DSCN1691.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 46
note the S and GT on the outer rim for vent cover alingment. might see better in previous picture.

Attachments

• DSCN1693.jpg
    DSCN1693.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 46
Back