• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Airhead Spline Lube Videos

Liaison
Staff member
Someone posted these on another forum:

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

Mind the language! I saw a few things that made me wonder about this...he torqued the tranny bolts with an offset wrench that wasn't parallel to the torque wrench...no mention of that in the video. I also saw an interesting type of 27mm nut for the swing arm nuts...it had an opening on the side to use an allen wrench to hold the pin in place.

Just had a few minutes to watch a bit; but from what I saw......VERY GOOD STUFF........Not just another amateur video; but professionally shot and a very good professional mechanic with MANY tips on LOTS of mechanisms or parts........THANKS Kurt.......God bless.........Dennis

Last edited:
spline lube video

the wrench mentions using some lubricant in the bell grommet for the speedometer cable, he notes R...something, can anyone advise what it is.
thanks

the wrench mentions using some lubricant in the bell grommet for the speedometer cable, he notes R...something, can anyone advise what it is.
thanks

RTV. Room Temperature Vulcanizing compound. Often referred to as "form a gasket".

He also calls it Silicon

Back