• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Camping in Salem

J

jeepinbanditrider

What's the camping situation like there? This will be my first BMW rally. I camp pretty much everywhere I go.

Is there somewhere to reserve a site? Or do you just show up and find a spot at the fair grounds?

Who else will be "roughing it" this year?

And any Devildog or Devildoc who is camping is welcome to a shot of my single malt as long as it lasts.

Semper fi,
Pete

Is there somewhere to reserve a site? Or do you just show up and find a spot at the fair grounds?

Most people camp at the National. You can't reserve a tent site, just show up and pick your site.

And any Devildog or Devildoc who is camping is welcome to a shot of my single malt as long as it lasts.

Semper fi,
Pete

I just saw this, I will have to come find you as I have 2 fingers of 12 yr old I am sipping on now "S" I might even bring my kilt this year :D

Campers rule:)

Still camping here, likely always will:). NAS'er here too, with Navy Daughter,F18 Super Hornet Driver I brought up! Oceana NAS, Virginia. Yep, I also taught her right, a Beemer rider too:). Your first? These rallies are a huge HOOT, never ending fun and sights like you've not seen before on a Beemer:). Randy:D

Yup my first Beemer rally. I've been to a few "Harley type" rallies but not exactly my scene there.

Will there be electric available for special needs camping throughout the fairgrounds? I hope electrical sources will be much better than Missouri.

I just saw this, I will have to come find you as I have 2 fingers of 12 yr old I am sipping on now "S" I might even bring my kilt this year :D

You been talking about bringing your Kilt for a while now but I haven't seen you wearing it yet...:rolleyes:nyah

Will there be electric available for special needs camping throughout the fairgrounds? I hope electrical sources will be much better than Missouri.

Will there be a Special Medical Needs (SMN) camping area that has electrical outlets?

Yes. There will be a designated SMN area with electrical service. These spots are for SMN campers only and may prevent you from camping adjacent to friends.

http://www.bmwmoa.org/rally13/local_area/a_must_read_the_2013_rally_faq

Downs

Yup my first Beemer rally. I've been to a few "Harley type" rallies but not exactly my scene there.
Last year was my first BMW rally, after attending several Harley style rally's as you state, and must admit, the Beemer was the best time I've experienced so far with rally's .... You'll have a great time.....
OBTW, you guys have any room for a measly Army Ranger (Vietnam 71-72)in your new group to stop by and share some stories? I'll be attending solo, plan on volunteering a lot on several days, but would sure like to get to know some folks before riding out......
Ride safe.....Walt E.

Both of my parents were Army, so like all Branches :wave Come on over I'll share some hootch with ya

Walt -- the Army has come a long way in my lifetime. I suppose I could part with a bit o' Scotch. :)

Semper fi,
Pete and Barley

Downs

Both of my parents were Army, so like all Branches :wave Come on over I'll share some hootch with ya

Thanks for the invite. I look forward to meeting everyone at the rally..... My feelings with service distinctions are that they disappear real quick when in a pickle, and all have my utmost respect and thanks....Especially those F15 jocks, whose support was especially welcome..... :brow(I wish we could have a flag Icon)

Back