• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Anniversary Airhead?

That's the pic I saw and am going to be really interested to see if BMW really produces this as an R1250R with the modified cafe like rear end!:D

Mike Horne
76 R90/6
93 R100R Legend

BMW's not making an R1250 anything.

The camhead is a 1200 and the wethead is a 1200.

At the NYC IMS I asked one of the MAXBMW staff if they thought he retro boxer would be out in time for riding season. He said to his knowledge not until the end of the year. I guess we'll know when BMW decides we need to know.

Yeah no kidding - hurry up and wait!

It was -8 F today so it will be great if they wait to get the new boxer out until the end of the year. Then we can just look at it all winter.

My luck is the seat height will be 32" or more and then I can't get it.

I tried to find my original post of the Lo Rider concept press release but no luck.

The 'concept' was a two part deal. BMW built a model for the Milan show and released all sorts of concept drawings at the same time.

BMW Lo Rider Concept photo gallery

The second part of the concept was the idea of selling the Lo Rider through a mass customization process. Buyers would be able to customize the core bike (Boxer engine/frame/telescopic front fork) by selecting seating, pipes, lights, fenders etc from a list of options creating their own bike.

Nothing happened until maybe now...

cycleworld.com: Spied Lo Rder concept spied

hellforleathermagazine.com

I hope the NY Times and Detroit Free Press have it right, have insider information from a real BMW source and not mixing promotional material for the 90yr anniversary bikes up with two custom shops in Europe bringing out their own version of Lo Rider. There is a Bulgarian shop that has an aggressive bobber based on the theme. The second shop built a direct knock off of the BMW show bike. It originally had the solo saddle but the builder did not like the resulting ride position. The built a second, two up, saddle pictured in some of the original options. IIRC they alluded to wanting to do a limited run for sale starting by the fall of the year.

If this rendition of the boxer doesn't get your heart pumping then you need a defibrillator!

As long as I didn't have to ride it any further than, say, Pozo and back.. . . .
09.gif

Back