Thread: Anniversary Airhead?

Hybrid View

Anniversary Airhead?

Any more information on the production of an anniversary Airhead in 201_? I'm itching for another Airhead withing the next year!

Mike Horne
    76 R90/6
    93 R100R Legend

Where did you hear this far fetched rumor? With all of the things that had to change on the Airhead, it would take quite a lot to bring it back. Wait...isn't that the Oilhead??
    Kurt -- Forum Administrator ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

Do you mean airhead or "not the new water cooled engine," i.e. a camhead? I know there is a 90th anniv RT coming out as a friend has placed an order. I think he said it will be here in Feb. Or maybe it's being built in Feb.

The anniversary specials will have the camhead engine.

Nobody has called boxer-engine BMWs "Airheads" since 1995.
    Kent Christensen
    '12 R1200RT, '02 R1100S, '84 R80G/S

Beyond the announcement there would be an anniversary edition bike news has been slow to trickle out. As pointed out it will be a camhead not what we call an airhead. In a recent press release the anniversary bikes were referred to as a "air cooled" boxer which may have caused some confusion to some. Yes, anniversary bikes. The other tease in the release was that three versions will be released. No details were included.
    Pass the mustard and UP THE REVOLUTION!

St. Paul Pioneer Press , Minneapolis Star Tribune

I have also ordered the 2013 RT 90th edition. it is 'Sapphire Black' w/ some gold elements & a 90th yr badge.
    Supposedly the first units are being built now for distribution in Feb, although I was told ~60 days for mine.
    Other than RT, they will be doing a GS & an R version of the bike. Note sure of quantities of each being produced.

Quote Originally Posted by Mika View Post
    Beyond the announcement there would be an anniversary edition bike news has been slow to trickle out. As pointed out it will be a camhead not what we call an airhead. In a recent press release the anniversary bikes were referred to as a "air cooled" boxer which may have caused some confusion to some. Yes, anniversary bikes. The other tease in the release was that three versions will be released. No details were included.
    Thanks Mika for the clarification - I got excited over reading AIR-COOLED. I was hoping there would be a little more retro look to the 'anniversary' bikes. I'll keep looking and enjoying my 2 airheads!

Mike Horne
    76 R90/6
    93 R100R Legend