• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Bainbridge Island, WA BASE CAMP!

mikeraces

Mikeraces
Recently joined the MOA, been riding almost 10 years. Finally got my first BMW, '09 R1200GSA and it will be with me until my ashes are scattered. I'm a racing tech from NC, just moved to the PNW this past summer. If any of you are on ADVRider, I'm SgtMike.
I enjoy hosting riders, got a small garage and hot coffee if anyone makes the trip to Seattle. Just a ferry ride away from the big city but a huge difference in culture. Bainbridge is a small town, local walkabout type of place with good people to meet. So come on over and visit!

MikeC.

Recently joined the MOA, been riding almost 10 years. Finally got my first BMW, '09 R1200GSA and it will be with me until my ashes are scattered. I'm a racing tech from NC, just moved to the PNW this past summer. If any of you are on ADVRider, I'm SgtMike.
I enjoy hosting riders, got a small garage and hot coffee if anyone makes the trip to Seattle. Just a ferry ride away from the big city but a huge difference in culture. Bainbridge is a small town, local walkabout type of place with good people to meet. So come on over and visit!

MikeC.

Welcome Mike!

I live north walking distance to Canada/US border 1.5 hrs to Seattle so if I do visit there better be coffee when I get there.:D

Cheers m8!

Welcome Mike!

I live north walking distance to Canada/US border 1.5 hrs to Seattle so if I do visit there better be coffee when I get there.:D

Cheers m8!

You got it! There's a great 1950's era diner, I'm a regular. I have a friend that teaches at the University there in Bellingham, will let you know if I make up that way.

Hi Mike, I'm planning to attend the Rally at Salem, OR this coming July and hope to travel across western Canada before dropping down thru WA. If my maps and GPS co-operate I would enjoy a good "cup" of coffee & conversation with the Sarg. RIDE SAFE

You got it Chief!

Hi Mike, I'm planning to attend the Rally at Salem, OR this coming July and hope to travel across western Canada before dropping down thru WA. If my maps and GPS co-operate I would enjoy a good "cup" of coffee & conversation with the Sarg. RIDE SAFE

We catch up north of Seattle and ride in, look forward to it!

Hi Mike, welcome aboard! Your post caught my eye. I lived on Bainbridge Is. for twenty five years. We lived on the south end of the Is. down at South Beach. Good memories. Left in 2000 when I retired. Now live in Tucson AZ. If you ever need to get out of the rain come on down and look me up.

Jack

Hi Mike,
I live somewhere near m8. I live north of Ferndale.
If you get this way, I could make that meet for coffee.
Stu

Mike, welcome! I'm ORexpat on ADV, and moving back to Silverdale in a couple of weeks. Will be volunteering at the big rally in Salem in July.

We ought to get together. We can trade coffee! And :eat

Vr, Dan

Was in Silverdale TODAY.

Mike, welcome! I'm ORexpat on ADV, and moving back to Silverdale in a couple of weeks. Will be volunteering at the big rally in Salem in July.

We ought to get together. We can trade coffee! And :eat

Vr, Dan

Went to see Zero Dark Thirty, Silverdale is a great location. I'm planning to visit the rally as well.

I've been on ADV rider has to be darn near 10 years, but rarely post there (or here too). Love that area of Kitsap County. Nearly 3 decades ago I was a police officer in Suquamish and later worked for the infamous Pat Jones in the Sheriffs Department. Suquamish was scouted as the town for a Sylvester Stalone flick called Cobra way back then (c. 1986). I lived on a boat in the Brownsville Marina and parked my bike at the head of the dock for years but understand such things are pretty much banned now. Great fun was to head up the back way into Poulsbo and get a donut at the bakery :eat on the waterfront.

A little known history of Bainbridge Island is that the (precursor) to the NSA (Army Intelligence Signal Corps) listening station there picked up the attack plans (on December 6) for Pearl Harbor from the Japanese.

FYI, Sluy's bakery is still going strong in Poulsbo...

On another note, a good friend of mine has a chart of Puget Sound, odd thing is none of the military bases show up. Printed by the US Government Printing Office. Dec 8, 1941.

Cheers!

A little known history of Bainbridge Island is that the (precursor) to the NSA (Army Intelligence Signal Corps) listening station there picked up the attack plans (on December 6) for Pearl Harbor from the Japanese.

That's where I run, Battle Point Park, the old signal base. Now it's soccer fields and playgrounds. Nice observatory too. There's a measured 1.5 mile trail that loops the park.

I've been trying to get a monthly dinner going at Madison Diner. The owner is cool with us crashing the place every month (they're cruiser riders), I call it the Last Thursday Dinner. Next one is actually the last day of January, Thursday the 31st, come on down - I'll be there around 6:30pm. They close at 8pm.

Another Puget Sound Member.

I always wonder how many Puget Sound Riders are around here. i am in Olympia my self a great gateway stop to the Olympics off of HWY 101. Plan on hitting the rally myself.
Cheers:nyah

West Sound Ride-To-Eat (RTE)??

That's where I run, Battle Point Park, the old signal base. Now it's soccer fields and playgrounds. Nice observatory too. There's a measured 1.5 mile trail that loops the park.

I've been trying to get a monthly dinner going at Madison Diner. The owner is cool with us crashing the place every month (they're cruiser riders), I call it the Last Thursday Dinner. Next one is actually the last day of January, Thursday the 31st, come on down - I'll be there around 6:30pm. They close at 8pm.

Sounds like an interesting place, not far from the Seattle ferry.

Here's a thread that's been running for a couple of years for ride-to-eats in the northern Virginia area. The RTE's are a bit irregular, but have been great fun--attendance between 10 to over 50 riders showing up. Has definitely required coordinating with the selected eatery. We've tried to visit different places, and locations that span the local riding region. When the weather's nice folks have ridden for a couple of hours to them. Here's the link if anyone's interested in seeing how this one evolved. http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=660536

Don't know how many folks in the west Sound area might be interested, but I'm willing to set some up when I get unpacked . . . :eat

Other NoVA Links

Day job has me in DC quite a bit. More than the 18 months I was stationed there :) I usually hotel it in Fairfax, and sneak down 50/29 into the district. Thanks for the adv link it might be nice to check out.

Here's a few more links if you're around the DC area. Quite a few "inmates" live in Fairfax, Arlington, Manassas, Woodbridge, etc. There's a fair amount of activity most weekends, and often during the week. I've not met a more welcoming group of folks than these; I'm sure you'd feel at home. Except for the traffic, that is!! (I'd go to work at 0530 just to avoid the traffic . . . . ).

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=552022

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=472407

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=402683

Back