• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

BMW/Moto Guzzi rally?

Just bought a Moto Guzzi Norge GT8V. Is there a rally for BMW's and Moto Guzzi's in the North East?
Hi Kyle there are a few get-togethers, one I can think of is the Heath/Damn Yankees rally that the Guzzi guys do with the Yankee Beemers. If you keep an eye on the YB site WWW.Yankeebeemers.org you will be able to find out more. We are in the process of re-working the site/forum but you can take a peek.
I'm also going to move this to the Northeast section for you.
Gary

Just bought a Moto Guzzi Norge GT8V. Is there a rally for BMW's and Moto Guzzi's in the North East?

I've been looking at the V7 and Griso models. I like their simplicity, the shaft drive and the prices. Did you buy from a dealer? If so, did they do better than MSRP?

Hello Kyle,

Congratulations on your purchase, the Norge is a great bike. I have a soft sport for them as a guy on a Norge (with barkbusters no less!) provided some huge roadside assistance on my epic cross country hack tour. My wife would also like v7, that's on the someday list.

Thanks Jeff, you saved our tour!
IMG_0300-M.jpg

To address your question you are correct there *was* a rally in New England with both Beemers and Guzzis. Basically a number of years ago the Guzzi guys approached me about having their rally at our rally. I think the first year we had 10 Guzzis and everyone joked about how that was the most Guzzi's ever seen in one place outside of the factory. :D Last year they had close to 60; those crazy Italians generated enough critical mass that this year they are going to host their own rally which I am sure will be epic. If you like to party as much as you like to ride then I'd put the Guzzi gathering on the calendar right away.

The New England Guzzi guys have a yahoo group and they're a pretty active and fun bunch. Send me a PM and I'll get you their info.

Best,

Rob Nye
Damn Yankees Rally co-chair
1999-2012

Thanks for the info. I got a great deal on my Norge from ebay. I flew from NY down to Houston to get it, then rode it home. It was basically brand new with only 300 miles on it. I'm really liking it! I also own a R1100RSL, which I also love. But I would like to attend a rally on the Norge and meet up with other Guzzi riders, and Beemer riders.

Attachments

• Norge pic.jpg
    Norge pic.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 136
Great scooter!

It sounds like you should attend *both* events!

RSL? One of the greatest post Airhead BMW's produced, IMO. Got a photo?

Thanks for the info. I got a great deal on my Norge from ebay. I flew from NY down to Houston to get it, then rode it home. It was basically brand new with only 300 miles on it. I'm really liking it! I also own a R1100RSL, which I also love. But I would like to attend a rally on the Norge and meet up with other Guzzi riders, and Beemer riders.

If you ever want a Corbin seat for that RSL, let me know.

Thanks Rob! I am going to try to get to one of these rallies. I'll look you up.
The RSL has been a great bike. Mine is a '95 with 52,000 on the clock. I've had it all over the country.

Attachments

• 20120929_122358.jpg
    20120929_122358.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 123
Thanks Rob! I am going to try to get to one of these rallies. I'll look you up.
The RSL has been a great bike. Mine is a '95 with 52,000 on the clock. I've had it all over the country.

Sweet! I had two R11RSes but neither had the lowers.

Ironically the sidecar trip I referenced above was cut short with a blown motor. It's a long story but my GF (now wife) left RI at the same time on her bike with the plan to meet me on the west coast after I dropped my son off. This meant I needed a working bike to ride east so I made a deal with a friend to buy his RSL.

I rode it cross country and sold it to a friend from Manitoba when I got home. He sent payment to my buddy in San Francisco, flew in and rode it to Arizona.

The bike pretty much went cross country twice in a month after nothing more than fluids and tires.

I've been looking at the V7 and Griso models. I like their simplicity, the shaft drive and the prices. Did you buy from a dealer? If so, did they do better than MSRP?

2 of my local club members have bought V7s in the past 2 years. both were sold in less than 6 months. i believe the common phrase was "overweight and severely under-powered", even though both knew what the bike was going into the deal. Apparenly, the lack of power was a bit extreme for their tastes (both riders 65+, fwiw)

Kyle,

The NJ MotoGuzzi riders club has been participating with the New Sweden BMW Riders at the New Sweden "Last-Chance" rally for the past few years. They've been a welcome addition to the rally, and are a fun group. Last-Chance is held in September (dunno which weekend yet) - lately in Elmer NJ (you'll have to Google it - no roads actually go there, at least not directly which is part of it's charm.)

Thanks very much for the info. Don. I've known about that rally for years. It sounds great! Now I'll have to get there for sure.

Back