• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

DS Rides

D

DZIMBRIC

Sue,
I know we are having the rally in Lima, OH the off road riding mecca of the midwest. Are there any dual sport rides or routes being planned?

We looked and looked --- and could not find anything would work for a decent dual sport ride --- :dunno
--- so decided this would not be the year for one.

Sorry!

Southern Ohio has some great trail riding opportunities, but that is 3-4 hours away. If you just want to get some dust on your tires, there is a large property on the west side of Lima that allows ATV's and off road bikes. Some small hills, trails, river crossing, whoop-dee -doos, etc. Fun on my small Yamaha TW200.

Mike_In_Lima said:
Southern Ohio has some great trail riding opportunities, but that is 3-4 hours away. If you just want to get some dust on your tires, there is a large property on the west side of Lima that allows ATV's and off road bikes. Some small hills, trails, river crossing, whoop-dee -doos, etc. Fun on my small Yamaha TW200.

Yeah, a big R-GS or F-GS would fit right in with ATV's and Yamie's! Not!
Greg

Greg SEVa said:
Greg
Hey, it's all a mindset! Personally my self-image doesn't stop me from riding when and where and what I want.

Greg SEVa said:
Greg

That was a a similar answer I got in CO last month when trying to find the jeep trails that would take me through Pike National Forest.

You should see the looks you get from a 4 wheeler when you run up behind them on a 12GS and they don't know you're there until you're there. Just go where you want to go, they usually just stop and stare as you go by.

Do you think there might be an interest in GS riders that don't see a lot of dirt wanting to get some pointers from riders that heve dirt/off-road experience? Not about flying over the whoops but simply how to negotiate the more technical sections.

Should make for an intersting morning if a bunch of GS show up.

Back