• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Emergency Numbers for the Rally

WARBIRD

Rollin in Hot
Last Year I had an emergency message from home, the day we arrived at the rally. Having the message board was a huge help in managing a problem back home. I have not seen an emergency number for use during the rally at this point. Is there an emergency number I can leave here in the event I must be contacted during the rally?

Thanks!!

Emergency Number

There will be a Rally emergency phone number that will ring in the Communications Committee Area, but it will only be staffed while the Comm Comm is staffed, not 24/7 (unless you would like to volunteer as the overnight telephone watcher).

If you are concerned about being out of touch with home, work, stock broker, etc. cell service in Charleston is very good, as it is along most of the Interstates in WV. Back country might be another story. Satellite phone will work anywhere.

The Rally number, which will only be active from 7-13 July, is 304-357-7428, BUT we will not be able to personally deliver or guarantee receipt of any incoming messages.

emergency phone

if your not into cell phones, why don't you use the club's message service? they're there 24/7. of course you have to call in to check, you weren't looking for a page were you?:dunno

:confused:

The MOA answering messages work too, but the emergency message board was near the registration area, so coming and going it seemed to work well. due to the traffic of people checking in etc. As someone who benefited by this service, it made a difference for us,.

I believe the board was only used during the Rally and not 24x7 just during the day. The number was posted well in advance of the Rally and part of the information for those attending.n That is why I was looking for one again this year.

Cell phones aside, it was way to handle emergencies, not stock broker calls, per one reply. I dont leave my cell phone on while traveling on the bike as I cant hear it or see it and to conserve battery life, if I should have an emergency as well.

Thank you for the number, I hope I dont need it this year.

Back