• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Where are the R1200RT folks placing their POV cameras?

bikerpaul

I'm curious where what mounting locations and mounts (double sided 3M or Suction) you are using for your POV cameras. I'm debating on whether to mount it on my helmet or the bike itself. I'm really resistant to sticking a mount on the bike so the suction option makes sense if it actually works. I can't tell you how many times I've had a gps window mount fall after a short period of time from squeaky clean glass.

If you are mounting it on your helmet, how noticeable is the wind noise and is there any noticeable pull on your helmet?

I'm looking to purchase a Hero 3.

I prefer to have mine mounted on the side of my helmet. When mounted up top I could feel the wind push on it when at speed and sitting upright. Make sure you get the wristband remote it is really worth it. Able to turn on and off without stopping and removing helmet.

Mounted mine with suction cup to side of fairing. It works great there.

Top of helmet

Currently on top with glued on click-lock for Hero2. Might put a side one on as well.

All of the mounts that came with my Christmas present are glue mounts. Where did you get a suction cup mount?

I use both the side of the helmet and a ram mount. Look into the contour line of cameras, they've a much smaller profile, and according to all reviews I've read the only thing the go pro does slightly better is take night footage. When it's on the side of the helmet you don't even know its there.

http://www.contour.com

Back