• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

After Market Seat

Thanks again for the help. I think I have landed on Bill Rocky Meyer in Ventura, while my wife I think is leaning towards Rick Mayer. The recurring theme seems to be to go in for the custom fit, which makes sense considering the investment and differences in our posteriors, sizes, ring styles, etc.

I am making do with the Airhawk cushion and it's fine. But if I wanted to treat myself I'd go camp out a Riches in Kingston and have him do his custom number. Beautiful work and you get just what you want.

Everybody's assets are different as you can tell from the responses above.

The best saddle for me is a Kontour. My ridding buddy isn't so thrilled with his. Till you ride any seat, you won't know.

I've tried Day Long, Sargent, Corbin. Kontour was better, for me, than all of them.

Rich's custom seat experience

Very recent experience with Rich's installation of custom seat for g650gs - drive in. Very happy with the overall experience and final result. Rich's shop is very busy so process can take a good part of the day and Kingston is a bit awkward to get to but they do a great job of getting the exact fit. We stayed overnight in a local B&B, but Rich has upstairs accommodation in his shop and having seen it now, we would stay there. It's nicely finished and inexpensive.

Like Marchyman said....I like the Sargent two-piece on my Roadster, [much better than stock] and if it is going to be a 'long'! day? I add an Alaska butt pad, about half way through the planned distance. Not saying there isn't / can't be better....just saying this works for me. I'm 6'1" 280 32" inseam & age 63

Ron

Back