• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Fuel gauge

Justscootin

Jeff Wilson life member
Yesterday I went riding, yes there is 6 inches of snow on the ground but it was 6 degrees celsius (about 40) all went well. At the end of my ride I filled with gas till I could see it. This way it was stored with a full tank with stabilizer just in case I did not get out again.

Today was warm again so I went out again. All went well except that my fuel gauge only showed 3/4 of a tank and I rode about 3 miles opened the fuel cap and I could see the fuel still so I do know the tank was full, anyone else experience this.

It was such a nice day I had to throw the picture in.

Attachments

• Whitchurch-Stouffville-20130109-00110.jpg
    Whitchurch-Stouffville-20130109-00110.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 60
Nothing like that, but once I filled it and it only went up to 7/8. The next time I started it though, it showed full, so I figured the sensor was just taking its time.

Back